Problem with tailoring

So either I've found a bug or I'm doing something wrong. I hit the resources button and walk around until I find one that has "Scrap Cloth" in it. Pick up a few scrap cloth and click my tailoring window. The very first item on the list, Cloth Scraps, requires a tool and some "Fabric". I try and drop the "Scrap Cloth" I picked up off the ground into the "Fabric" on the crafting window and it won't accept it. How exactly am I supposed to do it? Or is this a bug?

Also, how are new recipes and stuff found?

Re:Problem with tailoring

New recopies are found by crafting or using the scavenging action in the trash piles.

After picking up the cloth for the trash piles, in your packs window click on the cloth and choose sort. You can also drop the cloth from your packs window and sort on the ground. Use the sorted items that end up in your bag for crafting.

Any gathered resource that is 'scrap' you will need to sort by right clicking on the bundle. This will give you about 4 related random items which can be used in crafting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perception is reality

Kitsume i never new that thank you for that info VERY! useful
    Regards
    Head Test Developer
    Community liaison

Email: dezgard@notorious-games.com

I've got a similar problem : I can't use the branches (or the grass) I pick up. I need a branch to make a wood stake, but I can't sort the branches (I tried to do it in my pack and on the ground, it doesn't work) ; so, I don't know what to do, can someone help me ?

Quote Originally Posted by melophage View Post
    I've got a similar problem : I can't use the branches (or the grass) I pick up. I need a branch to make a wood stake, but I can't sort the branches (I tried to do it in my pack and on the ground, it doesn't work) ; so, I don't know what to do, can someone help me ?
    Right click, and pick up. Once on your back, right click them on your back from the packs window under your backpack. It will add it to the recipe. Then click your tool. Then click craft.

Welcome to Xsyon. If you need more help please /w MrDDT (SPACE) to talk to me.
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    So either I've found a bug or I'm doing something wrong. I hit the resources button and walk around until I find one that has "Scrap Cloth" in it. Pick up a few scrap cloth and click my tailoring window. The very first item on the list, Cloth Scraps, requires a tool and some "Fabric". I try and drop the "Scrap Cloth" I picked up off the ground into the "Fabric" on the crafting window and it won't accept it. How exactly am I supposed to do it? Or is this a bug?
    There are two types of cloth, scraps and fabric. Your first recipe turns one Cloth Fabric into four Cloth Scraps. Basically, you are using your shears to cut a large piece of cloth into four pieces.

One other piece of advice is that you can scavenge for cloth. Doing this will:
    1. find more matching pieces of cloth
    2. find other stuff
    3. will raise scavenging
    4. and will not deplete junk.

Ravelli

Thank you very much, my character is happy now...

On the subject of #4, not depleting junk, just as fyi:

Picking up junk (different from scavenging) in a single spot 8 times will turn that spot to bare dirt.
    Thus, if you only pick up 7 times (or 6 to be safe), you will not deplete the area of junk you can scavenge .

Have fun!
    ps. same is true of grass, branches/seeds etc. but there it is 4 times and turns to bare dirt.
    Sand and Rock never deplete.