Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sword, Technology, God, Sorcery!

Given the background listed on the main page seems to me that Magic/Sorcery are going to be a part of the game.

Modern technology has consumed itself. War has ravaged the planet, opening a rift to another reality.

With the disruption of the planet, ancient gods awake to once again exert their powers over the earth. The lords of nature have revived the wastelands, eradicating and subverting the remnants of modern technology. Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land. The ways of swords and sorcery have replaced the path of science and progress.

The new world hangs in a moment of uncertainty. Though the rift in reality has called forth many benevolent gods and creatures, this truly is the time of the Apocalypse. The seven seals are about to be broken. The Four Horsemen loom over the land awaiting their chance to spread destruction and chaos. Devils and angels vie for control of their earthly battlefield.

As you can see Ancient Gods, even the four horsemen are mentioned on the background for the game. I see no reason there won't be technology and magic in the game. And if we are going to have to at some point fight against Devils, Angels, and the four horsemen I sure hope we can heal in combat with divine intervention.

Re:Sword, Technology, God, Sorcery!

In the art work you can see some magical enchanted staffs, whatever they actually can shoot bolts or if you can use spells has not be stated yet. God however will play a vital part in the game and I assume in the game they are real (as in they effect gameplay). So highly likely it will have some form of magic later in prelude or after it.

Seems plausible the next chapter (are they working with chapters?) will usher in the age of magic or the age of religion.

Anything is possible I guess they have stated that. The more a read the more I can't wait for this game to come out.

From reading in a few places, more magic will be introduced as religion is introduced. So probably after the prelude, we will see some advanced magic maybe?

Striefer wrote:
    From reading in a few places, more magic will be introduced as religion is introduced. So probably after the prelude, we will see some advanced magic maybe?
    Yep so is it worth it to try and find old religious evolutions right away, books and stuff. I know there will be a lot of knowledge out there to learn.

I'm going to be spending most of my time exploring and trying to find new technology and magic. (and tame new creatures)

Striefer wrote:
    I'm going to be spending most of my time exploring and trying to find new technology and magic. (and tame new creatures)
    Old school beastmaster character. Sounds cool don't for Prodo and Frodo. I think I got that right!

This lore promises to be really interesting since it reverses the now standard mythology derived from "Lord of the Rings". There magic wanes and materialism takes over. Here materialism wanes and magic takes over.

The linkage between the two could be some sort of spiritual energy in all matter that only interacts between matter and a higher dimensional "spiritual" realm (and vice-versa) as opposed to conventional energy that only acts between matter. Thus magic that affects matter is mediated by this other realm.

We really need another section on this forum for lore, mythology, and roleplay to explore this concept.

Leader of Ancient Embers at ancientembers.net

There is so many ways this game can evolve it is almost overwhelming. Yes new section for this might be a good idea.

Thorbrand wrote:
    And if we are going to have to at some point fight against Devils, Angels, and the four horsemen I sure hope we can heal in combat with divine intervention.
    Maybe it's just me, but I hope neither will happen.

Reeks of raid instances and killing horsemen bosses 400 times until some epic loot drops. I guess I'm just tiered of all those games based on fantasy magic.