Player and tribes names on top of Pjs!

Hi everybody,

Today i was thinking about how gamebreaking is to see a floating name of a player on top of each PJ head for a game with PvP and no auto target. You know, in Darkfall for example, the fact that you have to target someone to be able to see his name or guild makes the game much more inmersive and it makes possible for people to hide and use terrain. If we can see player names floating around (like in Fallen Earth for example), then you can't hide behind things etc, because people would be able to see your name :s Same happens with auto target (not sure but I think I read it was manual targeting and no auto target, I hope there is no auto target!), you can hide but then people press tab tab till they target you.

So can anyone confirm that there will not be floating names? I think there won't be because screenshots are taken directly from the game and you can't see any, but we can't see any UI too so it may be there but hidden....

Re:Player and tribes names on top of Pjs!

treyu wrote:
    So can anyone confirm that there will not be floating names? I think there won't be because screenshots are taken directly from the game and you can't see any, but we can't see any UI too so it may be there but hidden....
    Evil character will have floating names. For anyone else there name you have to introduce yourself first before you can see there name. However might be an option in the game to just turn them off.

Redus wrote:
    treyu wrote:
    Evil character will have floating names. For anyone else there name you have to introduce yourself first before you can see there name. However might be an option in the game to just turn them off.
    Where did you get this information? Having floating names for only certain alignments seems pretty silly.
    Brum, brum.

An option to turn off is not good either, because everyone in pvp will have then activated so they can see people. Well if the option is to activate or de-active your own floating name, then it is ok.

Evil players are considered the enemy's and will be the same as mobs in the game. This is their life if they choose to be evil. That is how it should be!

Cradlejoe wrote:
    Redus wrote:
    treyu wrote:
    Where did you get this information? Having floating names for only certain alignments seems pretty silly.
    This is what I have been reading last week. Might however also be wrong though, not sure if it was Xsyon or Virtus. To the person who is saying "evil players are like mobs". I would really REALLY rethink that diplomatic stance. Just because the game classifies someone as evil, does not mean you want to make them your enemy, or that they just attacking anyone at random.