Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making baskets.

Making baskets.

I'm lvl 35 Basketry now. I'm in urgent need of baskets. I have not been learning any new recepies since LVL30 or something and I didn't learn any basket recepy yet. When are you supposed to learn it? Or is it just random?

Re: Making baskets.

If you didn't start with any basket recipes it may be rough for awhile...

There are a few things you can do:

Pray that you learn a new recipe when crafting. (Yes it seems to be random, though I've learned more recipes from failing than successfully creating)

Pray that you find a basketry recipe when scavenging. *your basketry skill needs to be at a certain level to learn these*

Re-roll until you are satisfied with your recipes. You shouldn't have to do this as baskets should be "basic" and provided to each basket weaver...But I suppose it can happen?

Also, in the future (Far future?) there will be a system to learn from others. No idea how that will work though...

Re: Making baskets.

Anyhow I'm running short on storragespace :huh: Crossing fingers that it will happen soon.

Re:Making baskets.

what I would do is throw down your bag on the ground and set it to public and reroll till you get what you like. Then run over and retrieve your things from before

Re:Making baskets.

Hyip wrote:
    what I would do is throw down your bag on the ground and set it to public and reroll till you get what you like. Then run over and retrieve your things from before
    Ha well does it realy matther? When is going to be the next serverwhipe? Its my first 2 days in game. Suppose I could cope with it for a bit.

I started as a Toocrafter and needed baskets. I skilled up Basketry from 5 to higher than my main skill of 26. At Basketry of 27 I've yet to see any pack or bin recipes; I just get more Armor Recipes.

That is ironic, I keep getting basket recipes but have yet to see armor!

Just dropping in here, first of all. It's not ironic, but the fact you think it is, is.

Also I read somewhere that the recipes you gain are based on what you have crafted to level up with. So unless you are really lucky in finding another one it's gonna be tough.

Ofc I'm not even 10% sure its true. I just read it and am passing on the info =]

--Halbera.

Eh, necro post.. hi hi ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Halbera View Post
    Just dropping in here, first of all. It's not ironic, but the fact you think it is, is.

Also I read somewhere that the recipes you gain are based on what you have crafted to level up with. So unless you are really lucky in finding another one it's gonna be tough.

Ofc I'm not even 10% sure its true. I just read it and am passing on the info =]

--Halbera.
    yup its atleast party based on what you craft what you gain next. best thing to do is to just make the most basic item as that has the highest chance of giving a other basic recipe.
    After you can the base craft (tread, plate and stuff like that) you will likely gain a pouch, Crafting pouches is more likely to give packs and bins.
    Crafting the bin is likely to give different type of bins. it remains random and "luck" based, but best not to craft cloths or your best item if it does not fall in the category you wish to have a item from.

I'm not so sure about the above statements.