Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Veteran / Seniority in-game rewards

    Note: This is just a suggestions for after the game goes live and all is well.


    I became a pre-order member the first day that I came across this site. Subscribe and register Date (Y-M-D) 2010-03-02. So you can say I have been around for a little bit, I know there are other's that beat that date by months, And have stayed with this game in development the whole time. Most of us have had our times of OMG when will this game ever be ready, To taking that deep breath and realize that we would rather wait on a finished game than have it rushed out with failed features. And as it stands right now, I for one, Don't think this game will be ready to go live for at lest a few more months.


    I said all that, To say this...


    I'll try to keep this short and without going into great detail about it, In hopes people will not read too much into this. The idea is not new and has been done in many other MMO's. This reward system is to reward people for subscribing to the game, In a small way. I'll call it fluff rewards, As they are not meant to break the game play at all. It's set up as brackets of time that start from when you bought the game. You could start it off like a 6th month reward, 1 year reward, 18th month reward or just go with the yearly reward. Having this start with when you bought the game will give your pre-orders a small bonus in time for when they get the rewards. The rewards would be nothing game breaking like armor are weapons. It could be stuff like titles that are a prefix or suffix added to your name, Are even just a title that goes over your name like Xsyon's first colony, OK maybe something cooler than that. It could be something like concept art turned into framed pictures to be hung in a houses. Are maybe just no stat clothes.

    Thats it, What ya think?

    John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

  2. #2

    Re:Veteran / Seniority in-game rewards

    Yep all for this as long as, like you said, it offers no benefit beyond brag value. A pet, decoration for your house, a title.. just something to say thanks I guess.
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar".

  3. #3

    Re:Veteran / Seniority in-game rewards

    Sweet idea, I'd like a title like 'First colonist' or a fancy hat :laugh:

  4. #4

    Re:Veteran / Seniority in-game rewards

    If I'm not mistaken I do think there is something like this on the thinking table. I even threw out the idea of yearly subs and getting a little something for that.. again, non beneficial in nature, just a little something that says I believe in the game enough to prepay for a whole year, here is a little thank you in return.

  5. #5

    Re:Veteran / Seniority in-game rewards

    tredo wrote:
    If I'm not mistaken I do think there is something like this on the thinking table. I even threw out the idea of yearly subs and getting a little something for that.. again, non beneficial in nature, just a little something that says I believe in the game enough to prepay for a whole year, here is a little thank you in return.
    Sorry tredo, I did a search, And didn't come up with any thing, Not even for the word rewards. But then I did a search for "Veteran / Seniority in-game rewards" maybe it only looks at a 4 words at a time.

    John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

  6. #6

    Re:Veteran / Seniority in-game rewards

    I like the idea personally. Would like to point out that pre-orders will get a bonus weapon at the start of the game... This maybe a good way to start off with.

    I don't mind if things give a nice bonus, that is, if it has skills or some other increases, but it has to have the ability to become obsolete very easily - ie so it becomes a "brag right".

    For example a canteen that can hold +10 the amount of water that is considered standard in the game.
    We have cool new forums... Y~A~Y

  7. #7

    Re:Veteran / Seniority in-game rewards

    kiwibird wrote:
    I like the idea personally. Would like to point out that pre-orders will get a bonus weapon at the start of the game... This maybe a good way to start off with.

    I don't mind if things give a nice bonus, that is, if it has skills or some other increases, but it has to have the ability to become obsolete very easily - ie so it becomes a "brag right".

    For example a canteen that can hold +10 the amount of water that is considered standard in the game.

    with full loot..I doubt items will last long as a reward or veteran "badge". If you're carrying a reward canteen, dont mean you earned it via veteran status, but you may have taken it from a vet in combat, or even in trade?
    The truth will set you free....but first it will realy piss you off !!

  8. #8

    Re:Veteran / Seniority in-game rewards

    aliksteel wrote:
    Note: This is just a suggestions for after the game goes live and all is well.


    I became a pre-order member the first day that I came across this site. Subscribe and register Date (Y-M-D) 2010-03-02. So you can say I have been around for a little bit, I know there are other's that beat that date by months, And have stayed with this game in development the whole time. Most of us have had our times of OMG when will this game ever be ready, To taking that deep breath and realize that we would rather wait on a finished game than have it rushed out with failed features. And as it stands right now, I for one, Don't think this game will be ready to go live for at lest a few more months.


    I said all that, To say this...


    I'll try to keep this short and without going into great detail about it, In hopes people will not read too much into this. The idea is not new and has been done in many other MMO's. This reward system is to reward people for subscribing to the game, In a small way. I'll call it fluff rewards, As they are not meant to break the game play at all. It's set up as brackets of time that start from when you bought the game. You could start it off like a 6th month reward, 1 year reward, 18th month reward or just go with the yearly reward. Having this start with when you bought the game will give your pre-orders a small bonus in time for when they get the rewards. The rewards would be nothing game breaking like armor are weapons. It could be stuff like titles that are a prefix or suffix added to your name, Are even just a title that goes over your name like Xsyon's first colony, OK maybe something cooler than that. It could be something like concept art turned into framed pictures to be hung in a houses. Are maybe just no stat clothes.

    Thats it, What ya think?


    I wouldn't explained better the idea ....Yes I like something that give "prestige" to the veterans.
    [img]http://www.mgraur.jazztel.es//celestial.jpg[/img]

  9. #9

    Re:Veteran / Seniority in-game rewards

    Deacon wrote:
    kiwibird wrote:
    I like the idea personally. Would like to point out that pre-orders will get a bonus weapon at the start of the game... This maybe a good way to start off with.

    I don't mind if things give a nice bonus, that is, if it has skills or some other increases, but it has to have the ability to become obsolete very easily - ie so it becomes a "brag right".

    For example a canteen that can hold +10 the amount of water that is considered standard in the game.

    with full loot..I doubt items will last long as a reward or veteran "badge". If you're carrying a reward canteen, dont mean you earned it via veteran status, but you may have taken it from a vet in combat, or even in trade?
    A veteran reward should not be tradeable or lootable.

  10. #10

    Re:Veteran / Seniority in-game rewards

    Jadzia wrote:
    A veteran reward should not be tradeable or lootable.
    Then eventually, people will be carrying only vet rewards and looting will be a non-feature.
    The truth will set you free....but first it will realy piss you off !!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •