Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few Questions

Few Questions

Hello people! A while ago, my younger brother who's always been really into these kind of games, showed me the feature list of this one all excited. Now I usually don't get all that much into games like this and I've only played the genre for a few times, but I honestly liked the stuff he showed me and I've now been checking out all about this game for the last couple of days (mostly the screenshots :P). Anyway, time to move on, lol!

I'm personally into role playing different characters in general and I thought if you people could shed some light on these matters: Is there a possibility to dye or change the color of your skin in the game? Can you use bows in the game? Do you think there will be possible rasta hair available? How flat could I make my character's nose? Can ears be made longer?

Some of the questions might sound silly, but I'm a BIG fan of Avatar (movie) and the second I noticed that this is a futuristic game with tribes, it honestly caught up my attention full on. That was *it* for me. I'd really like to play a character with the looks of Neytiri. I've tried the game made out of the movie, but I think it does no justice to the film and it didn't have real people to play with, hehe. Here's a picture reference of her: http://drnorth.files.wordpress.com/2...as-neytiri.jpg

So, how close do you think I could get to that look in the game? Thanks in advance, guys. All kind of tips are welcome, I'm still an amateur around these parts! :laugh:

Re: Few Questions

Well, a big blue guy in an apocalypsic game would sound weird.
    But, i'd presume (Depending on your tribe) That you could modify the characters skin colour and you could use bows and change/modify the character facial features.

Re:Few Questions

Honestly I would not expect to be able to modify your characters appearance any where near enough to get you looking like that.

Sure you can use bows, and maybe you would be able to change skin colors, but making your character blue with ears and a nose like that is unlikely I think.

If that's all you are interested in then unfortunately I fear you may be quite disappointed, but if the amazing features list has you as excited as most of us, then id say stick around. You may even like the game despite not being able to play as an alien :P

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dying crafted items is in the game. I am not sure if that applies to skin or body features but that would be easy to implement later by the devs if it is not in at launch.

That would be very cool though and add a lot to roleplay possibilities .

Leader of Ancient Embers at ancientembers.net

Get to master crafting and you get to choose your own item.
    The devs will implant an item of your choice if you reach master in crafting.
    This would be beneficial to your whole 'avatar' feeling.

While I doubt you can look like that you could still start a tribe inspired by there culture.

Visitor

im hopping they have a really in depth char creation page because one of the most fun thing in a pvp mmo is trying diffrent appearenses cloths skin features and mostly the hair styles lol you know i used the char creation page from fallout 3 to help me decide what my new irl hair style should be befor i visit the haircut shop can you belive that lol?

Thanks for the replies everyone!

The things said in this thread have definitely offered me new perspectives, but I'd be quite disappointed if I could not have a blue character in the game. It would definitely enhance the roleplaying possibilities. Like Redus said, though, I can still live in the ways of an original Na'vi inside the game. This is important! I do not need the action of the Avatar's license game, I want relationships, spirit and time together. Heroic actions can be made if they need to be made, like Neytiri standing up for Jake Sully. That, however, does not mean that it's the everyday life of a Na'vi. It's not. We had only a few clashes between humans and the Na'vi in a five days long Avatar LARP I participated. Sadly, I did not get to be Neytiri regardless of my countless queries.

Anyway... About entertainment affecting hair etc in real life: I actually beaded my hair for the LARP and have kept it like that ever since. Occasionally painting my face to look Na'vish has also formed into a habit! It's ADDICTING! *giggle*:cheer:

Visitor

Margaret79 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

The things said in this thread have definitely offered me new perspectives, but I'd be quite disappointed if I could not have a blue character in the game. It would definitely enhance the roleplaying possibilities. Like Redus said, though, I can still live in the ways of an original Na'vi inside the game. This is important! I do not need the action of the Avatar's license game, I want relationships, spirit and time together. Heroic actions can be made if they need to be made, like Neytiri standing up for Jake Sully. That, however, does not mean that it's the everyday life of a Na'vi. It's not. We had only a few clashes between humans and the Na'vi in a five days long Avatar LARP I participated. Sadly, I did not get to be Neytiri regardless of my countless queries.

Anyway... About entertainment affecting hair etc in real life: I actually beaded my hair for the LARP and have kept it like that ever since. Occasionally painting my face to look Na'vish has also formed into a habit! It's ADDICTING! *giggle*:cheer:
    lol man you got some issues lol you know i was thinking about this LARP thing you do what hapens if your irl skin is really dark like say the color of the night around 3am and you want to put on the blue skin color so as to blend in with your fiends whos skin color is much ligter say around 9am color will you look diffrent from them when they gots there own blue skin color and will they stil let you LARP with them anyway?cos if they dont man that is really brutal and someone should report them imo lol

Of course they would! The actor who played Neytiri in Avatar is black and she looked exactly like a Na'vi after the makeup procedure.