Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does combat include dice rolls or not

The write up for the combat looks mighty interesting, but I cannot find out whether dice rolls that determine or influence the outcome of attacks do or do not play a role in this combat system.
    Anyone knows?

Re:Does combat include dice rolls or not

I would like it if the combat was not based on chance and rather based on solid facts like where you are in relation to your enemy, whether your axe is good enough to hack through their armour, stuff like that.
    Brum, brum.

I agree in the no dice roll thing, but i always enjoyed a random chance for a critical strike, unlike say DFO where your 5th hit was always a critical. Adds a slight chance of an overthrow if the fight in not going your way, or if your fighting multiple enemies you may just get lucky and hit an artery

Combat is twitch based with manual blocking so my guess is there is very little to no dice rolling.

Virtus wrote:
    Combat is twitch based with manual blocking so my guess is there is very little to no dice rolling.
    Can you find that out?

Virtus wrote:
    I'm very curious to see how much twitch is actually involved with melee. The developer said you go into "combat mode" during melee, which implies a locked-system. If it was truly twitch, you wouldn't ever be in "combat mode" with a target.

JCatano wrote:
    Virtus wrote:
    I'm very curious to see how much twitch is actually involved with melee. The developer said you go into "combat mode" during melee, which implies a locked-system. If it was truly twitch, you wouldn't ever be in "combat mode" with a target.
    What I gathered is that you go in combat mode. Means that you take an combat stance and you speed decrease (running around with a weapons focusing on you enemy does that :P). When you target someone you only damage him with is something I hope I misunderstood.

People are not going to crazily run around you like in WoW or Darkfall. This is the purpose of the combat mode. I would say that the combat is a bit arcade/twitch based, but in moderation.

Redus wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Virtus wrote:
    What I gathered is that you go in combat mode. Means that you take an combat stance and you speed decrease (running around with a weapons focusing on you enemy does that :P). When you target someone you only damage him with is something I hope I misunderstood.
    I'd be happy with "combat mode" meaning you take a stance and your speed decreases. I hope we aren't locked onto one target at a time, but it sounds like that may be the case. Tab-target...?

I think it might mean just whoever you are pointing at gets attacked, aka your side slash will not accidentally hit someone next to you. I will see if i can find out more about this.