Question about PvE

First of all, I want to say that the sandbox features look very impressive. Nonetheless, I was wondering whether this game places some emphasis on PvE (animals/monsters) and will it be possible for those who like combat to quite easily find animals/monsters to kill. Basically, if the game is aimed to be very realistic, then it might be hard to find bears or other animals to kill. In a real forest you also would not find animals everywhere.

It would be great if we got some official response whether this game is also aimed to cater to those who like PvE combat and if it will be quite easy to start fighting with some mobs/animals.

Re:Question about PvE

All the dev information is conveniently listed at MMORPG.com here: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...LONG-POST.html

I think PvE will be important since they mention that animals or monsters can grow stronger and overrun player territories if not kept in check. The quests for this sort of thing will be put out by tribes as needed and not be a fixed game feature.

Leader of Ancient Embers at ancientembers.net

Re:Question about PvE

tharsos wrote:
    Basically, if the game is aimed to be very realistic, then it might be hard to find bears or other animals to kill. In a real forest you also would not find animals everywhere.
    This is really up to us. If the players hardly hunt bears there population will grows. If we over hunt them they might actually become instinct. I believe it was also so, the more of a species are in one area, the faster they will reproduce.