Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Reduce Tribe Minimum

After I just realized that you need a minimum of five people to form a tribe, I'm actually disappointed. In my opinion, you should have a minimum of at least two or three players if anything. Like come on, even on Wurm Online you're able to build anywhere you'd like without a deed.

You shouldn't force players to group up, great way to lose em. Could be one of the reasons that Wurm Online isn't successful. Soloing should also be an option. If I were to bring in two of my friends, I would still have to look for two more players. The limit seems too high for players who only wanna team up with their friends. You also require many gaming friends in order to create your own tribe. Not the greatest way to encourage a player to advertise.

Re: Reduce Tribe Minimum

I totally agree with this. Although, Jooky said he was going to lower the tribe members required to 2, but only for a short time, he hasnt done that for us at this stage, he probably forgot. Though I really do think this should be set to 2 or 3 when the game goes live also. I believe its going to be 10 at year zero, at this point.

With 2 or 3 as a minimum, it gives players the option to go solo with an alt, or perhaps just a person with a friend. They may have trouble defending their lands, but shouldnt that be their problem? Theyll just have to work their asses off to build those walls and defenses.

Re:Reduce Tribe Minimum

As real estate is going to actually matter in this game, having a 1000 small tribes dotting the area around people is going to be annoying. How does one tribe grow when 5 tribes have surrounded their area with other 2 man tribes?

While I know some people want to solo (I generally solo as well), this entire game is pretty much based on NOT soloing it seems. I'm ok with that though.

I mean, 5 people? That's not all that much to ask really. During beta this sounds like an OK idea, but assuming the game has a decent player base, it'll be worse than the UO housing issue eventually.

Trekkan wrote:
    As real estate is going to actually matter in this game, having a 1000 small tribes dotting the area around people is going to be annoying. How does one tribe grow when 5 tribes have surrounded their area with other 2 man tribes?

While I know some people want to solo (I generally solo as well), this entire game is pretty much based on NOT soloing it seems. I'm ok with that though.

I mean, 5 people? That's not all that much to ask really. During beta this sounds like an OK idea, but assuming the game has a decent player base, it'll be worse than the UO housing issue eventually.
    I think people are really starting to over think this whole issue with allowing smaller groups to create tribes. The world seems pretty big at the moment. I highly doubt players will break off into small groups taking over every bit of the land. I honestly believe that players will try their best to spread out from each other.

What would most likely happen is that players will first start with a small tribe, form alliance with another tribe, then they'd join together with both tribes to form a town. Tribes should be for smaller groups, groups that may or may not work out. However, restricting tribes to give members just cuts the probability of a tribe from actually becoming successful.

The problem that's with the current system, is that all the newbies will most likely join a town or a tribe rather than creating their own which would be difficult. Good luck trying to convince four players into making a tribe with you as their leader.

Trekkan wrote:
    You take them over, either by diplomacy, or by force. This opens up more opportunity for politics in the game, as well as more PvP options.

Kinslayer wrote:
    Trekkan wrote:
    You take them over, either by diplomacy, or by force. This opens up more opportunity for politics in the game, as well as more PvP options.
    what this guy said, Diplomacy integrate them into your tribe to benefit both tribes or through war and destroy their stuff and tell them to move.

3 sounds reasonable as of right now the world seems so dead, barely run across people or animals

Yutty wrote:
    Kinslayer wrote:
    Trekkan wrote:
    what this guy said, Diplomacy integrate them into your tribe to benefit both tribes or through war and destroy their stuff and tell them to move.

3 sounds reasonable as of right now the world seems so dead, barely run across people or animals
    Until you are able to take over from diplomacy or war it should stay as it is.

Yutty wrote:
    Kinslayer wrote:
    Trekkan wrote:

You're just unlucky - really. If you walk along the coast you are likely to see a lot of tribe areas again . But we are spread across a huge area and it can be difficult to spot other players (especially on distance).

Keep searching and you shall find .
    Btw, it was reduced to 3 persons and then upgraded to 5 persons and will be increased to 10 after prelude (which is appropriate) you need a bit of people before you can call it 'a tribe'.. Until then you are just a bunch gathered together, no?

And what would stop a large tribe from starting a bunch of small groups and then becoming 1 large one with a massive amount of territory.

And what would stop a large tribe from starting a bunch of small groups and then becoming 1 large one with a massive amount of territory.
    They won't be able to overlap tribal lands or even have them touch, so it won't function as a single tribe.