Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Screws and Bonecrafting

I'm finding a real imbalance with bonecrafting at the moment. The recipes are very screw heavy with most required 10 per craft. I've been finding on average that i can gather about 1 screw per minute so its somewhat annoying to fail 2 crafts in a row.

I would suggest either reduce the screw cost or increase the drop rate. At the moment its very annoying!

Re:Screws and Bonecrafting

I think it sounds fine, however if you change it- then make nails drop more too!

While I don't really disagree (There's a crazy nail shortage in my tribe as well), we have to be careful of asking to water things down too much for a single players. Ultimately the game is about tribes and whatnot, the more people helping each other out, the easier life becomes.

I *THINK* that's a large part of the premiss of the game and making it too easy for small amounts of people will really cheapen things in the long run.

That's not to say balancing couldn't be done in this area, just more a caution than anything.
    -Trekkan
    Just For Fun Gaming
    www.jffgaming.com

I'd keep the screw costs as they are as when you have 3 people all sorting metal looking for different bits eg screws, rivets, bolts then you can quickly get enough of whatever you need just from the bits your colleagues dont want. But I am abit surprised that no-one can make screws and nails etc.

As your scavenging level goes up you will be able to find 40,60, even 80 screws at a time. The recipes are fine, imho.

Hmmm, if the number of screws goes up then it isn't really a problem.
    I'll have to scavenge more and check that out! I know this is all about the tribe (we're all gathering screws) but at the rate its going its going to take almost a day non stop scavenging for each tribe member to get a full armour set. Seems a long time - although does add an element of worth to the armour itself.

Bigger fish to fry for the devs at the moment and in the mean time i'm loving my bear paw booties!

Chrisjustice wrote:
    I'll have to scavenge more and check that out! I know this is all about the tribe (we're all gathering screws) but at the rate its going its going to take almost a day non stop scavenging for each tribe member to get a full armour set. Seems a long time - although does add an element of worth to the armour itself.

Bigger fish to fry for the devs at the moment and in the mean time i'm loving my bear paw booties!
    I think it should take days to get full armor sets, etc. I guess it's just a difference in play style. For me, I like working towards something, it makes it more valuable than something you can do in 5 minutes. Granted, getting that thing stolen that takes days to make... isn't going to feel so good. heh
    -Trekkan
    Just For Fun Gaming
    www.jffgaming.com

Trekkan wrote:
    Chrisjustice wrote:

I think it should take days to get full armor sets, etc. I guess it's just a difference in play style. For me, I like working towards something, it makes it more valuable than something you can do in 5 minutes. Granted, getting that thing stolen that takes days to make... isn't going to feel so good. heh
    Yeah, I totally disagree when they add weather and wear effects to the game.... Imagine trying to keep your entire tribe suited.

Screws are easy to find. I average 60+ a day.

I just hate looking for human bones. I hope they add the zombies next patch.

Right i'd been basing my opinion on getting screws via resource gathering as I hadn't managed to pop any through scavenging...until now! Much better :laugh:

Urgh I take it all back.

1 hour gathering/scavenging = 80 screws
    2 mins crafting = 6/8 fails - 60 screws down the drain!

:silly: