Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The date 2012

The date 2012

According to the game lore, the world undergoes apocalypse in 2012 (as per the mayan and other predictions). I was just wondering, if the world doesn't end in 2012 (if it does, we probably won't care too much about anything game related ), then not too long from now (in MMO terms), Xsyon will be more like an alternate reality setting than a future apocalypse one. I was just wondering about this since someone mentioned this game first came together as an idea 10 years ago, so back then 2012 might have been a long time away.

Re:The date 2012

The idea about the game where create more then 10 years ago as the dev himself stated. I am not sure however if the same could be said about the backstory.

ArcaneBoozery wrote:
    According to the game lore, the world undergoes apocalypse in 2012 (as per the mayan and other predictions). I was just wondering, if the world doesn't end in 2012 (if it does, we probably won't care too much about anything game related ), then not too long from now (in MMO terms), Xsyon will be more like an alternate reality setting than a future apocalypse one. I was just wondering about this since someone mentioned this game first came together as an idea 10 years ago, so back then 2012 might have been a long time away.
    So what?

So nothing, just wondering about it.

I think that the date 2012 in Xyson lore doesn't comes from the mayas.

On the homepage it says

"Jan 1st 2012.
    War has destroyed life as we know it. The Apocalypse is at hand!"

Mayas thought it would happen at the end of 2012 in december, while here it has happened before that since it is says the start of 2012.

Mayas were to lazy to make calendar past 2012. Show me where they said that world will end not their calendar. + mays set dates at 4000~ some king anniversary.

+ at 2012 game will be at around 2028

I am not really confortable with this date 2012 ..but this is the year that devs chose so ...

warzenkai wrote:
    I am not really confortable with this date 2012 ..but this is the year that devs chose so ...
    Did it touch you in a bad place or something?
    Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.

Niccolo Machiavelli

warzenkai wrote:
    Whats the reasons behind that?
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

Games require a suspension of belief. That's hard to do when a game is basing itself pretty much in the present, but is trying to be post apocalyptic.