Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1

    Bugs Tweaks and Suggestions List (My Feedback)

    Ok, since I have been in Beta testing I have seen the following things that need Tweaking or that I have Suggestions for. This list is my opinion on things and please take it as that only.

    I will Update this list as I come across more things in the game that I see or hear from others that may need Tweaking or just some really good suggestions that may be told to me but not actually posted.

    I also know some of these things may have already been posted about or talked about among some of the Devs or Guides and I apologize for anything that may have been posted and I haven't seen. :P

    1. Encombrance - Needs to be looked over in such a way as adding Carts/Wheelbarrows/Horses/Mules to increase the carrying capacity of the Player. Having Large Baskets or Packs with many slots but not being able to fill them makes the Packs also pretty pointless when you can only carry a few Items at one time.

    2. More Tool tips and Detail - Inventory (Character Sheet) Items slots do not have tool tips to say what goes where. Also most of the Items have no description on what they are for. (Perhaps putting what Crafting Profession they are for).

    3. Experience Bar - Perhaps putting some sort of Percent% or X / Y numbers. Sometimes it's nice to know exactly how much more you need or to determine what gives the most Exp for your character by testing your actions and looking at the numbers to compare them.

    4. Bags / Windows - Being able to Open/Close Bags and Windows while performing actions like Fishing.

    5. Trees - Perhaps possibly a Tool Tip on mouse over on what type of tree it is. I know it really doesn't matter at this point what type of tree it is besides how many logs they give when chopped, but perhaps there could be something like using a certain tree will have different properties on the Item made such as color or strength of a structure.

    6. Character Name Tags - As of now they are Black in color and very very difficult to read. I have thought about the reasoning behind this and the only reason is PvP purposes. (Not being able to see the enemy coming or being able to sneak away from or around the enemy. But other than that I see no point to it. Half the time if it's not daylight out and they are not standing on a junk pile or branches I can't see who I'm talking to unless I click on them. Name Tags should be Green in color or Red if the other person is a Foe or your Tribe is at War with them.

    7. Tribe Tags - This is a must..Yesterday I was Killed by another Tribe member because He had no Idea who I was or if I was in his Tribe. As of now there is no identification of who or what other players are to you.. Yes you can check your Tribe list to see if that person is in your tribe but think about it - You have to look at your tribe list - Try to actually see their black name to see who it is - if it's a new tribe member you have no Idea weather or not they are in your tribe or not. This could be fixed with Colored Name tags and Tribe Tags.

    8. a.Log In Screen - When you log into the game you have to 1. Log in 2 times and 2. when you log in you see a blank character screen with just some stale background. When logged in you should be presented with your Character already selected and ready to log in, shouldn't have to select my one character that we all only have ONE of. So there is no point at all to even have the Characters name to be selected there. Just the Enter World/Delete/Create/Quit buttons.

    9. Item Stacking/Separation - As it is now you are UNABLE to separate stacks of items. This can be very frustrating with items such as Flint. I have 2 flint but a Tribe member would like one but I can't give him just one, He has to be given the entire stack. Also with Items that are in storage, You have to take the entire stack out instead of just what you need. There should be a Shift+Right Click to bring up a window to separate item stacks.

    10. Items of the same Kind Auto Stacking - When I have items in my Pack and I'm transferring then to a basket they do not auto stack with the corresponding item I must manually search for the correct stack and place the item on it. With the amount of Items and different names and icons that are so similar this makes it very difficult to do. I should be able to Right click an Item when I have my Pack open and a Container or basket and transfer the item to the correct stack and if that stack is full it should go directly into the basket into another open slot.

    11. Crafting and Item Selection - Having to reselect the same tool over and over becomes very frustrating when crafting the same item multiple times. The tool should stay selected until the item being crafted is changed to a new item. The material selection should stay as is.

    12. Crafting sounds / Game Sounds - There should be more of a variety of crafting sounds other than the standard (Pouring of Water??) that's what it sounds like to me. Like if I'm crafting with a saw shouldn't it make the sound of a saw cutting wood? Or if I'm making a campfire some Rocks clanking together? Or lighting a fire some Flint being struck? Not pouring water.. Some of the sounds are great like drinking and fishing and chopping a tree things like that. Also the (Drum??) sound when clicking a button is kind of annoying. It sounds more like an Error sound like I have done something wrong. There really is no need to make a Drum sound when you press a button unless it is a subtle clicking sound.

    13. Rest/Recover Button - There should be a Rest/Recover Button for Energy that makes your Energy recover 2x faster. You run out of energy you become tired then after the tired animation you can press the Rest & Recover button and your character sits down and Recovers Energy 2x faster. As it is now it takes like 4-5 minutes to recover from being tired. That is kinda long. At this point I think the recovery of Energy is way too slow.

    14. The movement of Sun/Moon - This is a very small thing but I figured I would mention it. The Sun/Moon almost stutters when moving kinda like a clock ticking, it's not smooth in it's movement. You can actually see it moving. That to me seems like a time issue, perhaps the day/night cycle is to short. Perhaps a 3hr day / 2 hour night cycle.

    15. Fishing - This needs more visual queue that you have caught a fish or cast the line. Yes there is an animation but it looks like I'm just swinging a stick with no fishing line on it. There should be something like a line with bobber on it being cast into the lake/river/water. Not a bobber that you can click just something more visual to make fishing a little more exciting. And when a fish is caught perhaps you lift the Rod and there is a small fish hanging from the line and you put it in a pale. Things like this make fishing more enjoyable and not so tedious.

    16. Campfires - Campfires should not burn forever. They should burn out after a set amount of time. I have seen them used as Torches at Tribe locations and it seems funny. There should be some other sort of light source that can be more appropriate for lasting longer and using them in this fashion. Perhaps Torches. And even Torches that can be carried by the player for a light source while traveling at night.

    17. Weather Effects - Right now the weather effects are great but they only last about 1-2 minutes each time they come around. Just seems more like a small spring shower than a heavy rain or storm, or a small snow cloud that just passes over in a minute or 2. Things such as this make the immersion of the game more intense.

    18. Chopping Trees - At times when a Tree is chopped down the Tree falls into the terrain and only a small piece is showing to chop it up, but then you chop it up and the logs stack on each other possibly causing game crashes and other issues. There possibly could be some collision put in with the falling trees and the terrain. Not sure about it but it was a bug and happened to me.

    19. Resetting Stat Points - Perhaps the ability to Reset a characters stat points to be able to change your characters path in life with restrictions such as only 3-5 resets per character.

    That's all I have for now, I know it's a WALL 'O' Text but those are some of the Tweaks & Suggestions that I have come up with so far. I hope none of them seemed harsh or not productive for the games future but these are some of my opinions on how to improve the game as it stands at this point in time.

    I will add more as I come across more things in the game.
    Thank you for reading my suggestions if you made it this far in the post. :woohoo:

  2. #2

    Re:Bugs Tweaks and Suggestions List (My Feedback)

    Thanks for taking your time and writing your suggestions. now here is my opinion to your suggestions.

    1. I like how you said how to solve everyone encombrance they have been complaining about. And for the large baskets. I dont really think they were ment to be on backs.

    2. I believe description on tools weapon armor ect. are coming in at some point.

    3. ... dont really care

    4. Opening a bag is an action in itself

    5. Agree but you can kinda tell what trees are what.

    6. Dont like it. I dont think names should be diplayed unless you put your mouse on them. And no colors. which goes along with 7

    7. If you dont know who is in your tribe. Thats your fault. And to know who is say in an allied tribe. Well you got to take the time to meet them.

    8. How bad does that really effect you.

    9. Agreed. And will come in game in time.

    10. You are lazy!

    11. Agree kinda. But say item decriptions come in (your #2) and you have 2 of the same tool but 1 is bone is one is metal and say the metal one is better. OR! Say bear leather is tougher then coyote leather. Your gonna have to select them anyways.

    12. would be cool.

    13. Rest not implemented yet

    14. ...

    15. agree. Would be cool to have more options in fishing. Maybe its own mini game or something.

    16.agree

    17. agree
    18. Never really got the bug you saying but i have seen it chopped and all in 1 little stack before
    19.Dont like it.

  3. #3

    Re:Bugs Tweaks and Suggestions List (My Feedback)

    gegezerg wrote:
    13. Rest/Recover Button - There should be a Rest/Recover Button for Energy that makes your Energy recover 2x faster. You run out of energy you become tired then after the tired animation you can press the Rest & Recover button and your character sits down and Recovers Energy 2x faster. As it is now it takes like 4-5 minutes to recover from being tired. That is kinda long. At this point I think the recovery of Energy is way too slow.
    I think there should definitely be something that makes energy go up, but I don't think that it should be an ability. I was thinking that tent/huts should give you a button in the resource panel which would allow you to rest. This will give structures more meaning.

    gegezerg wrote:
    19. Resetting Stat Points - Perhaps the ability to Reset a characters stat points to be able to change your characters path in life with restrictions such as only 3-5 resets per character.
    Not so sure about that...


    As for the rest... nice job.
    "Corruption is nature's way of restoring our faith in democracy."
    - Peter Ustinov

  4. #4

    Re:Bugs Tweaks and Suggestions List (My Feedback)

    @Hyip
    Most of my suggestions were to improve gameplay/graphics and such, not because I'm "Lazy".

    I enjoy and welcome others suggestions on the topics and I do expect some flaming but it's not really called for.

    And to #7 If you are offline and new members join your Tribe and you come back online and see them standing outside your Tribal area and just go attack them without asking questions, wouldn't it be easier to avoid this confusion if you could see their Tribe Tag to know that they are members of your Guild/Tribe? Isn't it kinda defeating the purpose to kill your own tribesmen?

  5. #5

    Re:Bugs Tweaks and Suggestions List (My Feedback)

    I think there should definitely be something that makes energy go up, but I don't think that it should be an ability. I was thinking that tent/huts should give you a button in the resource panel which would allow you to rest. This will give structures more meaning.
    I think this is a very good idea also. Giving actual meaning to our structures is a great Idea.

  6. #6

    Re:Bugs Tweaks and Suggestions List (My Feedback)

    gegezerg wrote:
    Most of my suggestions were to improve gameplay/graphics and such, not because I'm "Lazy".
    Apparently some people don't realize that certain functions need to be more user friendly. They also find it to be "part of the game" as it was design intentionally for its purpose. Coming from Wurm Online, many "failures" in the game were accepted by the community as if it was an intended feature.

    I agree with you, you're not lazy, people just need to stop making this game frustrating like Wurm Online. It's the reason Wurm Online has never been successful and a low quality copy of it, Minecraft, has got more success that Wurm Online dreamed of having. It's all about being more user friendly and not wasting more time than is necessary.
    "Corruption is nature's way of restoring our faith in democracy."
    - Peter Ustinov

  7. #7

    Re:Bugs Tweaks and Suggestions List (My Feedback)

    gegezerg wrote:
    I think there should definitely be something that makes energy go up, but I don't think that it should be an ability. I was thinking that tent/huts should give you a button in the resource panel which would allow you to rest. This will give structures more meaning.
    I think this is a very good idea also. Giving actual meaning to our structures is a great Idea.
    I know of berries plants that make your health go up. There might be some that make energy go up as well. I just havent tried to find them

  8. #8

    Re:Bugs Tweaks and Suggestions List (My Feedback)

    Hyip wrote:
    gegezerg wrote:
    I think there should definitely be something that makes energy go up, but I don't think that it should be an ability. I was thinking that tent/huts should give you a button in the resource panel which would allow you to rest. This will give structures more meaning.
    I think this is a very good idea also. Giving actual meaning to our structures is a great Idea.
    I know of berries plants that make your health go up. There might be some that make energy go up as well. I just havent tried to find them
    That's cool, foods have different purposes other than just replenishing hunger? Didn't know that...
    "Corruption is nature's way of restoring our faith in democracy."
    - Peter Ustinov

  9. #9

    Re:Bugs Tweaks and Suggestions List (My Feedback)

    trenixdecease wrote:
    Hyip wrote:
    gegezerg wrote:
    I think there should definitely be something that makes energy go up, but I don't think that it should be an ability. I was thinking that tent/huts should give you a button in the resource panel which would allow you to rest. This will give structures more meaning.
    I think this is a very good idea also. Giving actual meaning to our structures is a great Idea.
    I know of berries plants that make your health go up. There might be some that make energy go up as well. I just havent tried to find them
    That's cool, foods have different purposes other than just replenishing hunger? Didn't know that...
    Well actually cooking has not been implemented yet so there could be recipes that could solve this issue very nicely.

  10. #10

    Re:Bugs Tweaks and Suggestions List (My Feedback)

    trenixdecease wrote:
    gegezerg wrote:
    Most of my suggestions were to improve gameplay/graphics and such, not because I'm "Lazy".
    Apparently some people don't realize that certain functions need to be more user friendly. They also find it to be "part of the game" as it was design intentionally for its purpose. Coming from Wurm Online, many "failures" in the game were accepted by the community as if it was an intended feature.

    I agree with you, you're not lazy, people just need to stop making this game frustrating like Wurm Online. It's the reason Wurm Online has never been successful and a low quality copy of it, Minecraft, has got more success that Wurm Online dreamed of having. It's all about being more user friendly and not wasting more time than is necessary.
    Yes, I too played Wurm Online and in fact that is how I heard of Xsyon from the Wurm Online community. I too had the same feeling of that game as you, and feel that they just don't fix the things that should be fixed such as the combat system the animations of animals and you character. The fact you can't see your gear on your character or others. The way your character kinda stands on top of mounts or the way the mounts and carts dont angle with the ground and you just fall inside the ground while walking up a hill. The way boats and mounts steer around all jerky like.

    But that is getting off topic so lets get back to Xsyon

Similar Threads

  1. Order Didn't Work?
    By KamenMoore in forum Developer Zone Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •