I'm very disappointed with masonry. Being that I am a mason myself time to time in the real world, I feel like you can't do enough in this game. A mason ingame pretty much grinds 24/7. The only available crafts that he has I believe are bricks and mortars which he doesn't even personally use. The architect not only "plans" structures, but he also creates em?
New Masonry Features
1) Masonry should be the only skill craft that can pave paths/roads. Would be nice to something for once without standing in one spot, grinding.
2) Making a pavement should require resources that are only made by masons.
3) Introduce new types of pavements. Some pavements will make you move faster than others but they will require more resources.
4) Making a pavement will no longer require a shovel. In the real world, after you flatten the area, there is no reason for a shovel.
5) Bricks should only be stacked on ground when in stacks of 10-12s. Sort of lame how you must put all bricks inside of bags and baskets, cuts the realism.
6) New item, the mixing tub. Masons should start out with a mixing tub instead of a pack like everyone else. A mixing tub should be the only container that is able to carry mortar. Toolcrafters should be able to create mixing tubs.
Architect Fix/Woodcraft Rename
In my own opinion, architects should be the only ones who can make plans. However, they shouldn't be the ones who "build" structures. Instead, they should get skills by making plans, not finishing them. A mason, should be the only one who could "build" a structure which requires masonry resources.
As for the rest of Architect's plans, they should be built by the profession that has the resources to make that structure. For example, the woodcrafter should build structures which are made out of wood. In addition, the woodcrafter skill should be renamed to carpentry. No reason to have all skills be called blankcraft.
Architects should be required to plan structures and then they should go gather resources. They are not builders, they are planners. Part of being a mason and a carpenter, is actually "doing" your job. Otherwise, they shouldn't be considered a mason or a "woodcrafter". Without an architect being on at all times, it's pointless to play as a support craft. Especially since an architect has to personally tell you how much of the resources you need to make for each plan, as well as him being there so he can finish it.
New Architect Features
1) New tools, writing utensils. Architects would start with either a pencil or pen.
2) New item, paper. This will be required for all plans.
3) Depending on the plan, will depend on the type and quantity of paper and writing utensils.
4) Pencils should be crafted by woodcrafters.
5) Pens should be created by toolcrafters. Tar could be used for the ink.
6) New resource, lead.
7) Paper should be created by architects.
Added to official list ~KiwiBird