Thread: Sand?

Sand?

Sand - has anyone found any that is collectible? The only sources I could find were in the lake where I couldn't dig.

Re:Sand?

i havent seen anything on it as of yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Luculus View Post
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.
    Give a man a fishing pole....and he can kill bears with it.

It is around the edge of the lake, you gather it like grass from resource window.
    The truth will set you free....but first it will realy piss you off !!

I found some at the other side of the lake Luc. there is a beatch where you can collect it. Its a bit of a walk do

Thanks guys...looks like it maybe a localised resource and I'll have to try and transport several tonnes back to base :P

it is not everyone, but it is out there.

Yep sand is only available around the lake at this stage, sucks for those who didn't realise this before moving into the mountains
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar".

I've only seen sand on lake shores, including Lake Tahoe and some of the smaller lakes in the area. It would be nice if there were a few sandbars in some of the rivers though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perception is reality

Alternatively.

Terraform your way out to the sand in the lake. So long as the terrain stays below water it won't change to dirt which means.. SAND .

I had the same problem with sand. For now... I ran to the lake with a guildmate, created a bunch of mortar and had him help me carry it back. The other guy just kept collecting sand, I would collect limestone (and sand when I didn't have any, takes longer to gather) and just make mortar. Between the two of us, I was able to get 500 mortar in around an hour.

That's probably the only way (unless you find sand somewhere else) to do it. Bottom line, don't bother carrying around a ton of sand when mortar is so light. =)
    -Trekkan
    Just For Fun Gaming
    www.jffgaming.com