View Poll Results: What should Xsyon do with basketry?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove it

21 11.23%
  • Redefine it

47 25.13%
  • Leave it alone

119 63.64%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove Basketry

Re:Remove Basketry

I don't really care about lore or anything like that as long as it kind of makes sense, is useful, and is balanced.

Shrimps wrote:
    Maybe you should concentrate on offering suggestions about actual gameplay and not about how a skill is useless because you don't like it.
    He has you pegged, Trenix. Basketry is just as finished as Tailoring is... they aren't even close. Tailoring has yet to actually have any clothes available for crafting. Does this make Tailoring just a String/Twine/Cloth Tarp spamming craft, or just a work in progress? Most would call Tailoring still a work-in-progress. Basketry falls along those lines as well. Currently, all they are good for is spamming Pouches/Bins/(grass backpacks?) and generally give someone the option of being tribeless. Is this a crime? No, it is a work-in-progress.

There is a reason why Xsyon is in this stage called "Prelude" because by definition a prelude is 'something that serves as a preceding event or introduces what follows'. This is not a finished product, so unless you naysayers can read the developers' collective mind, let this topic rest in peace... for the sake of everyone's sanity.

Reference:
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/prelude

trenixdecease wrote:
    prokop15 wrote:
    It's called pseudo-depth, it also just doesn't make sense. You fanboys are really goin' nuts on this one.
    Same crap I see in Wurm Online, you suggest something is stupid in the game, and everyone gets so offended like you disrespected their religion. It's whatever, you can think what you guys want. I just don't like the idea, it's pointless.
    I guess the difference between you and I is, I dont make a new thread for every single thing I dont like about this beta stage/in development game.

I would prefer to see more skills, like in Wurm, than less, as it offers more choices of what to do with your time. If you want a game with 4 different skills, go play MO.

I'm not in favour of deleting crafts, I plee for more different crafts, some might be small and not verry wanted others might be hugh and verry popular.

Basketetry crafters are good with grass. So keeping that in mind,

- Baskets to fix on mounts for transport
    - papyrus (paper) made of a different kind of grass
    - books to write down recepies or other things like a law.
    - fences
    - carpets
    - items for a strawroof.

Darenkel wrote:
    Shrimps wrote:
    Maybe you should concentrate on offering suggestions about actual gameplay and not about how a skill is useless because you don't like it.
    He has you pegged, Trenix. Basketry is just as finished as Tailoring is... they aren't even close. Tailoring has yet to actually have any clothes available for crafting. Does this make Tailoring just a String/Twine/Cloth Tarp spamming craft, or just a work in progress? Most would call Tailoring still a work-in-progress. Basketry falls along those lines as well. Currently, all they are good for is spamming Pouches/Bins/(grass backpacks?) and generally give someone the option of being tribeless. Is this a crime? No, it is a work-in-progress.

There is a reason why Xsyon is in this stage called "Prelude" because by definition a prelude is 'something that serves as a preceding event or introduces what follows'. This is not a finished product, so unless you naysayers can read the developers' collective mind, let this topic rest in peace... for the sake of everyone's sanity.

Reference:
    I'm pretty sure that tailoring already has clothing on its crafting list. Don't care for it's intentions, it just doesn't go well with the lore, which it should.

Kinslayer wrote:
    I guess the difference between you and I is, I dont make a new thread for every single thing I dont like about this beta stage/in development game.

I would prefer to see more skills, like in Wurm, than less, as it offers more choices of what to do with your time. If you want a game with 4 different skills, go play MO.
    Maybe you should give a little more feedback then. Also, I never asked for only four different skills. You're just putting word into my mouth. I rather have this skill deleted because it's a joke. With that, I want more "better" skills to replace it.

Basketry among Masonry and Woodcraft are just secondary craft skills for now.
    They will be expanded in the future. Was stated a few minutes ago .

Suggestions to their craft is welcome though .

What about this solution, renaming basketry to artistry. An player skilled in being an artist would make baskets, statues, and all sorts of decoration. However, the ability for an artists to make clothing should be removed.

He might be registered 10 days, but if he played Wurm online and stayed longer than a week he has more patience then most people here. Playing that game for 2 years scarred me in more ways I thought possible.

We are not saying basketry in its self is useless, we are saying that having basketry as a primary skill is fucking pointless. How the hell do you think basketry can be expanded in the future? Are we going to make rocket launchers and cars out of grass?

It's all good and fine that you say it will be expanded later, but like your are asking us to do, can you please elaborate on HOW?

Chade wrote:
    I'm not in favour of deleting crafts, I plee for more different crafts, some might be small and not verry wanted others might be hugh and verry popular.

Basketetry crafters are good with grass. So keeping that in mind,

- Baskets to fix on mounts for transport
    - papyrus (paper) made of a different kind of grass
    - books to write down recepies or other things like a law.
    - fences
    - carpets
    - items for a strawroof.
    chade did a great job at saying what could be in the skill aside from the fluff items. but i do agree basketry should be a secondary skill and not primary

Darenkel wrote:
    Shrimps wrote:

Reference:
    AMEN AMEN AMEN. I just dont like when new comers come and trying to change everything that was in place for long time. It seems to be they are the developers for other games, trying to ruin this one. :angry: