View Poll Results: What should Xsyon do with basketry?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove it

21 11.23%
  • Redefine it

47 25.13%
  • Leave it alone

119 63.64%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove Basketry

Re:Remove Basketry

Chade wrote:
    I'm not in favour of deleting crafts, I plee for more different crafts, some might be small and not verry wanted others might be hugh and verry popular.

Basketetry crafters are good with grass. So keeping that in mind,

- Baskets to fix on mounts for transport
    - papyrus (paper) made of a different kind of grass
    - books to write down recepies or other things like a law.
    - fences
    - carpets
    - items for a strawroof.
    GREAT IDEAS. KEEP EM COMING

joexxxz wrote:
    AMEN AMEN AMEN. I just dont like when new comers come and trying to change everything that was in place for long time. It seems to be they are the developers for other games, trying to ruin this one. :angry:
    Actually I'm not, I just feel as if it doesn't rank up to be considered a primary skill. The whole idea that you can craft armors with it, seems like just a filler. I'd rather have it become a secondary skill or have it renamed to artistry, giving basketry the ability to create arts and decorations, like sculptures for example. No need for a filler...

Did you know that many clothes are made from plans?
    Many baskets are made from that too, like a bamboo baskets.

joexxxz wrote:
    Chade wrote:
    I'm not in favour of deleting crafts, I plee for more different crafts, some might be small and not verry wanted others might be hugh and verry popular.

Basketetry crafters are good with grass. So keeping that in mind,

- Baskets to fix on mounts for transport
    - papyrus (paper) made of a different kind of grass
    - books to write down recepies or other things like a law.
    - fences
    - carpets
    - items for a strawroof.
    GREAT IDEAS. KEEP EM COMING
    Or straw for animals to eat at winter times

joexxxz wrote:
    So why can't tailors have the ability to make baskets? Also, what is bamboo doing inbetween the California and Nevada border? For some odd reason there is already an Indian theme, basketry just adds an unnecessary Asian theme.

trenixdecease wrote:
    joexxxz wrote:
    So why can't tailors have the ability to make baskets? Also, what is bamboo doing inbetween the California and Nevada border? For some odd reason there is already an Indian theme, basketry just adds an unnecessary Asian theme.
    bamboo is all over the us its a very invasive species.

and basketry was developed by every culture in the world on their own accord. saying its and Asian influence makes no sense to me, the bamboo i get i guess but not basketry, basketry is here to stay. its going to be a skill everyone will have access to as well.

I thought that the United States was multicultural? Or am I wrong with the piece of information? Who cares if their is an Asian or an Indian theme in the game, because in countries such as the US and Canada, there is foreign influence.

This topic is sort of getting derailed, the original idea was that basketry should not be a skill. By making it a secondary, or even a tertiary skill, it is not being removed from the game, it is just being reduced in visual importance. I think that some of the statements made here were a bit extreme. I don't believe that the people here are developers of other games trying to destroy Xsyon, and I certainly don't believe reducing the importance of basketry is going to break the game.

Also, I don't think anyone's post count or registration date should be an issue in terms of sharing opinions. Seriously, why does that matter? They have paid for the game, otherwise they wouldn't be talking in this forum. Due to this, their opinion should at least be respected. A post or registration date means nothing in terms of a persons intelligence or reasoning, so why make it sound like that?

Gamefreak wrote:
    I thought that the United States was multicultural? Or am I wrong with the piece of information? Who cares if their is an Asian or and Indian theme in the game, because in countries such as the US and Canada, there is foreign influence.

This topic is sort of getting derailed, the original idea was that basketry should not be a skill. By making it a secondary, or even a tertiary skill, it is not being removed from the game, it is just being reduced in visual importance. I think that some of the statements made here were a bit extreme. I don't believe that the people here are developers of other games trying to destroy Xsyon, and I certainly don't believe reducing the importance of basketry is going to break the game.

Also, I don't think anyone's post count or registration date should be an issue in terms of sharing opinions. Seriously, why does that matter? They have paid for the game, otherwise they wouldn't be talking in this forum. Due to this, their opinion should at least be respected. A post or registration date means nothing in terms of a persons intelligence or reasoning, so why make it sound like that?
    well said
    /thread

I could see basketry adjusted. Leaving grass clothing seems ok to me . It could include some things mentioned above . Making it a more viable Prof. Objects like pottery . Primative arts . Totem buffs . Something that makes it usefull after begin game .

Gamefreak wrote:
    I thought that the United States was multicultural? Or am I wrong with the piece of information? Who cares if their is an Asian or and Indian theme in the game, because in countries such as the US and Canada, there is foreign influence.
    By Indian, the game refers to the politically correct term of Native American, not people from India. Just thought I'd clarify the point...