Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New site is

The scheme is growing on me, good job with the integration of the accounts.

Two things I would like to see if possible...
    1/ A linktree at the foot of the page. It is an annoyance to have to scroll back to the top of the page to return to the previous page of the forum.
    2/ A quick reply option. I had a look and couldnt find this option. The old forum had this option, and SMF forums also have the option which just puts a box at the bottom of the page to type in and hit submit, no clicking "reply to thread" first. Again, this is just a minor annoyance, I would be more concerned with a linktree at the foot of the page.

Edit: oh, and I think when uploading a sigpic from a url link, the size is much smaller than when you browse to it from your own pc. When I uploaded my sigpic, it wouldnt allow me to do it via the url option, saying it was too large, yet it allowed me to do it when I browsed to the file on my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    The scheme is growing on me, good job with the integration of the accounts.

Two things I would like to see if possible...
    1/ A linktree at the foot of the page. It is an annoyance to have to scroll back to the top of the page to return to the previous page of the forum.
    2/ A quick reply option. I had a look and couldnt find this option. The old forum had this option, and SMF forums also have the option which just puts a box at the bottom of the page to type in and hit submit, no clicking "reply to thread" first. Again, this is just a minor annoyance, I would be more concerned with a linktree at the foot of the page.

Edit: oh, and I think when uploading a sigpic from a url link, the size is much smaller than when you browse to it from your own pc. When I uploaded my sigpic, it wouldnt allow me to do it via the url option, saying it was too large, yet it allowed me to do it when I browsed to the file on my pc.
    About number 2, if you hit the reply on any post, it will send you to the bottom with a quick reply box. Or at least it does for me. You have to hit the go advance button to get the full page editor. Also if you use the full WYSIWYG editor you get the smilies. Set the editor type in your profile.

Will do on the breadcrumbs (link tree as you call it), I use this on my own site, but it's not a native function so I didn't think about readding it in.

For the reply, check what Diocletian said, the editor being defaulted is considered "basic" and you probably aren't seeing all of the functionality actually available. (Click Settings, General Settings on the left).

I'll increase the size of the images a bit, once I do , you'll have to reupload your image again as they get resized (which is why it worked when you uploaded it, but not linked to it). I'll post here again when I make that change (at work right now, will do it when I get home).

Another thing that I dislike, "Reply", "Reply With Quote", and "Reply to Thread" all start a Quick Reply box. In my opinion, the "Reply to Thread" button should start an advanced reply box. I wanna be able to use Multi-Quote without having it all pile up in my quick reply box and than having me to go click on "Go Advanced".

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    Another thing that I dislike, "Reply", "Reply With Quote", and "Reply to Thread" all start a Quick Reply box. In my opinion, the "Reply to Thread" button should start an advanced reply box. I wanna be able to use Multi-Quote without having it all pile up in my quick reply box and than having me to go click on "Go Advanced".
    When I click the "Reply to Thread" it does open up in the advanced editor. Did you set your editor to WYSIWYG in the settings?

Yeah, I see what you mean. It is another click, but... that's how vB works. To change it would require hacking on it and while I'm not against that at all (several things get hacked on), I'll backburner it as something to look into as it would be much nicer if it functioned that way.

I've got one of my friends to test out the forums with firefox. He said that there wasn't any cut off boxes like the image that I've showed you. I'm assuming it's something to do with Internet Explorer 8.

I've got one of my friends to test out the forums with firefox. He said that there wasn't any cut off boxes like the image that I've showed you. I'm assuming it's something to do with Internet Explorer 8.
    Cool, thanks for the info!

On New Posts view, the numbers and text for the page are outside the bordered zone (top right of screen).

And I do love the forums! They are very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwibird View Post
    On New Posts view, the numbers and text for the page are outside the bordered zone (top right of screen).

And I do love the forums! They are very smart.
    Good catch! I'll get that fixed too, it's on my "list", which is a pretty decent sized list at the moment, but all minor so far (thankfully. hehe). Glad you like the new forums!