• Global Standard Currency?

30 33.71%
  • Item for Item Barter System?

46 51.69%
  • Don't care either way?

13 14.61%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    You can use anything for currency. Nothing has value unless some entity says it has value.

yup that sums up bout 1/3 of it

That basically summed up what I wrote in one sentence.

I never once mentioned global storage or a system that allowed all selling to be handled globally. Not once. In fact, as I've already mentioned in other posts that I have wrote on this topic, I'm COMPLETELY AGAINST global storage and global shops, stores or auction houses. All trade should be done locally to encourage a need to transport goods. You are at least the second person to infer me suggesting a global storage; what is it that I said that make people think that?

In any case if the tribal questing system is opened to neutral and friendlies then it would function in the same way just with a different name. The tribeless should always have a means to conduct business besides shouting in chat.
    Whoa there, I was not implying anything. I was Lumping together many other topics and suggestions that have been intruding on every thread related to currency. I was not accusing you of being the source of the intrusion. Sorry I was not more clear in my reply.
    This topic was started to take a poll of which system of trade players would like to see used in Xsyon. And to discuss methods of implementation. Nothing else.

"Personal Feelings crit tybalt for 742"

Ack, anyway, I hope Xsyon comes out and says what direction they are taking it soon.

"Personal Feelings crit tybalt for 742"

Ack, anyway, I hope Xsyon comes out and says what direction they are taking it soon.
    has anyone put it in the faq?

Yeah, I asked earlier or maybe last night.

I'm alright with having global currency, I don't care either way. If we are, however, going to have global currency, we really need a way to use it other than to just trade for items. It actually has to do something.

Gold Standard

When we first go live, I am sure the only thing to do is the Barter system, As no one will be set for any type of standard, But after a few large tribes and smaller tribes that tie into each other are situated right. I can see them using a gold standard type of system. What it will be based off of I don't know. Maybe it will be tar, Are was that oil people have found in the world. At any rate there will be a few things that will be very valuable. And by a tribe or tribes have this in a safe stock pile they can use it to back up any type of currency they wish to use.

Under a gold standard, paper notes are convertible into pre-set, fixed quantities of gold.
    If you wish to read more on the gold standard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_standard

What does the gold standard have to do with whether or not we use a global standard currency? I have yet to see, let alone hear of a game that has used anything similar to the gold standard. I really don't see any reason or need for it. maybe you could enlighten me to the logic you are basing this comment on.

Edit: Also, if I am not mistaken, the gold standard is a system that ensures that the use of national currency for foreign trade can be backed up by the most basic bartering system. Where Gold being a universal resource coveted by all nations would be accepted by all nations for trade.

Sorry Tybalt, Let me try again. You keep somthing very valuable that will backup your currency. I used tar or oil as we don't know what will be hard to come by and become a high value consumable. You use that high value consumable to give value to what ever currency you pick, Be it bottle caps, buttons, or what ever you wish to use. The bottle caps is just a stand in for the high value consumable item(s). Say my tribe sets the value at ten to one, So for every ten bottle caps you can buy one unit of oil. This gives value and meaning to my tribes money.

Unless I am missing the point and what we are realy talking about is how do you keep things like bottle caps, buttons, or what ever from flooding into the game with the way it is now?