Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Randomized recipes

    While in principle this is a good idea, it has a few issues. The one I'm thinking of is that it's possible for some characters to end up with no recipes that can be created without the help of multiple other players, while some characters end up with recipes that can be. IE, earlier versions of the Pioneer Wall can be made with only logs and nails, but later versions require planks and studs, meaning you need two crafters to make them, an architect and a carpenter.

    I would suggest classifying recipes into groups based on the minimum number of people needed to produce all the ingredients the recipe calls for, and ensuring that each characters gets some recipes from each group, so that they have some they can make themselves and other, more advanced recipes that will require cooperation.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead_poisoning View Post
    While in principle this is a good idea, it has a few issues. The one I'm thinking of is that it's possible for some characters to end up with no recipes that can be created without the help of multiple other players, while some characters end up with recipes that can be. IE, earlier versions of the Pioneer Wall can be made with only logs and nails, but later versions require planks and studs, meaning you need two crafters to make them, an architect and a carpenter.

    I would suggest classifying recipes into groups based on the minimum number of people needed to produce all the ingredients the recipe calls for, and ensuring that each characters gets some recipes from each group, so that they have some they can make themselves and other, more advanced recipes that will require cooperation.
    it also takes the feeling of evolution away from the game when the lowest stat player ends up with the highest tier craft right at character creation.

  3. #3
    I like it, it adds some diversity. Otherwise you'd know that if this person had 20 skill then he would be able to make The awesome hammer of epicness or if this other guy had 90 skill then he would be able to make everything but the most epic sword in the game. I really don't like how most games treat it where you know exactly what skill is required to make everthing. It just makes crafting mundane when you know step by step everything you'll be able to make. At least this way you never know what you'll get.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    it also takes the feeling of evolution away from the game when the lowest stat player ends up with the highest tier craft right at character creation.
    This should not be happening. A player should be getting a random selection of low level starting recipes, but not any that require above starting skill. If a starting player is getting starting schemes with high skill levels, please report this as a bug.

    We are going to review and revise schemes and the materials required in a few weeks.

  5. #5
    I had a character start out with the recipe for Pioneer Log Wall IV. Does that count as a bug?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead_poisoning View Post
    I had a character start out with the recipe for Pioneer Log Wall IV. Does that count as a bug?
    If this is an advanced recipe please post it in the bugs section of the forums.
    Thanks

  7. #7
    Ok, but what does "advanced recipe" mean? What I'm saying is, I don't KNOW whether this counts as a bug or not. That's why I'm asking you guys.
    In game: Byrne


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •