Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brickmaking

Ya, i just read Vanguard crafting system. Looks pretty interesting. Ya i wish there were more to crafting besides clicking lol

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    Sorry that I'm not fond of Vanguard's crafting system. I've never heard of the game before so I'm not gonna bother arguing with you about it. What's the sense in that?
    lol How could you not be fond of something you said you know nothing about. Don't reply to that cause it doesnt matter to me. Was just funny.
    Either way you both are arguing over something stupid. You both agree crafting needs to change and be more complex. I think everyone does. I hope they Don't put a craft all option in. I have always loved Vanguards crafting system. It gives you the option of making a single item or many at one time depending on the item. The way vanguard crafting is set up it makes crafting alot more enjoyable. Would solve alot of issues many people have with todays crafting in Xsyon. I have never ran into someone who enjoyed crafting in a game that does not like a crafting system like Vanguards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyip View Post
    Either way you both are arguing over something stupid. You both agree crafting needs to change and be more complex.
    I know that we both agree on the same thing, however Tybalt wont ever accept that.

and me believe about craft system in entropia universe (aka Rocktropia or Planet Calpyso whatever ) is more complex i see
    of course Eve system is work well

http://www.entropedia.info/Chart.aspx?chart=Blueprint ( hey can see all option here )
    System is simple you put BP + Mats and click craft ( O right simple i know? or you waint big pluzze to resolve?)
    Have Smal Bar | Quantity <----------------------> Condition | This Bar affect Durability and Sucess rate
    Smal Durability + High Sucess Rate <----------------> High Durability , Low Sucess rate

K i found link explain better -> http://www.entropiadirectory.com/wiki/Crafting

*Mix in Quality Mats and curse i think better system ( Iron give more +2 dng , or wood give +1 dmg and +10 dura?)

Enjoy

OH. MY. GOD.

Ok, this is getting too ridiculous.

Please consider this short scenario: You have ten pieces of limestone in your bag. You also have a chisel and a hammer. You want to make this limestone into bricks.

That's the whole scenario. Now, I'm going to carefully enumerate the differences between achieving the desired result (I.E., making ten pieces of limestone into ten bricks) using a "craft all" button, or a button that crafts 10 pieces of limestone into bricks at a time.

Craft all: A timer bar appears, then counts down over roughly two seconds, at the end of which a single brick is added to the player's inventory. This repeats another nine times, at the end of which a stack of ten bricks has been added to the player's inventory.

Craft 10: A timer bar appears, then counts down over roughly twenty seconds, at the end of which a stack of ten bricks is added to the player's inventory.

The only difference here is whether you have one long timer, or 10 short timers. The end result is identical.

If you want to make more than ten bricks, though, that changes EVERYTHING.

Craft all: Click your craft all button. A timer bar will appear and run down over roughly two seconds, at the end of which time a single brick is added to the player's inventory. This repeats X times (where X represents the total number of limestone pieces in the player's inventory), at the end of which X bricks have been added to the player's inventory.

Craft ten: Click your craft button. A timer bar will appear and run down over roughly twenty seconds, at the end of which time a stack of ten bricks has been added to the player's inventory. Repeat the above Y - 1 times (where Y is equal to X divided by 10 rounded up to the nearest whole number), at the end of which X bricks have been added to the player's inventory.

The only difference HERE is that while using the "craft all" button requires a single click, the "craft ten" button requires Y clicks.

These differences are not worth getting angry at each other, or calling anyone immature, or insinuating unpleasant things about each others' intelligence. I'm not even sure these differences are worth arguing over in the first place. The only difference here is, literally, that one method always requires one click, while one will require a number of clicks equal to the total number of bricks you want to make divided by 10 and rounded up to the nearest whole number.

Out of purely personal preference, I would like to have fewer clicks. I could also see someone arguing that having a single click rather than a number that actually correlates to the number of bricks you want to craft would have a negative effect on immersion, or detract from the overall game experience by encouraging players to click once and go watch TV for five minutes. Honestly, I would probably still be watching TV even if I did have to click again every 20 seconds to craft another ten bricks, but that is my personal opinion and I don't expect to convince anyone else to agree with it just by telling it to them over and over in increasingly unfriendly terms.

Now can we please all acknowledge that there is nothing further to be gained by arguing on this point, and move our attention to other issues related to Xsyon that can actually benefit from further constructive discussion?

I agree your system guys are very close to the same, and even using your system I think the crafting system would still be boring as heck, and really just nothing short of something people would want to macro.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ystem-overhaul

That link points out way more than this thread overs, and its about the whole crafting system not just brickmaking craft all button. Craft all button is a good start, but really a LOT more is needed into this crafting system to make it something people wont want to just macro, or cut your eyes out from being bored.