Question to DEVs about Stat Loss on Death (PvP)

Is there skill/stat loss on death for both the members of evil and good tribes?

I know that not revealing all features will make them fun to explore, but this is not really a feature but a game mechanic. I am just wondering what your approach is to punishing/rewarding players who choose to belong to an evil clan. I also realize that this is likely to change later, but would like to know how it is likely going to be in the Prelude.

Re:Question to DEVs about Stat Loss on Death (PvP)

tharsos wrote:
    Is there skill/stat loss on death for both the members of evil and good tribes?

I know that not revealing all features will make them fun to explore, but this is not really a feature but a game mechanic. I am just wondering what your approach is to punishing/rewarding players who choose to belong to an evil clan. I also realize that this is likely to change later, but would like to know how it is likely going to be in the Prelude.

In the Prelude:

Unconsciousness results in very minor skill loss and in general the victor will be allowed to loot an item of choice as a reward for a fight well fought.

Death results in some stat and skill loss and allows the victor to fully loot the player. This is not without complications and consequences for the victor.

http://www.xsyon.com/forums/28-featu...-decisions#232
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

What is your interpretation of that? Do you think that good and evil tribes will have the same penalties for dying? There are some games that very heavily penalize PKers to the point that it does not make sense to be a PKer.

tharsos wrote:
    What is your interpretation of that? Do you think that good and evil tribes will have the same penalties for dying? There are some games that very heavily penalize PKers to the point that it does not make sense to be a PKer.
    Im pretty sure that the Stat/Skill loss associated with death is the same no matter you "Alignment", and personally i think thats how it should be. There are other ways to punish PK's.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If I recall correctly, if both players are still green (good) than the most that can happen is unconsciousness. If the victor is red then full stat and item lose occurs to the loser.

Leader of Ancient Embers at ancientembers.net

edaw22 wrote:
    Im pretty sure that the Stat/Skill loss associated with death is the same no matter you "Alignment", and personally i think thats how it should be. There are other ways to punish PK's.
    Evil clans are already being punished, because their village is never safe. I basically want to play a sandbox game where I can attack other tribes if I want to and it seems that the current system is very nice. The map will be so big that I don't plan on attacking more than one or two people per day. However, I would defend the territory of my own tribe.

Nonetheless, I am a little bit worried that once some people start complaining about PKers, then they might implement a system like in Mortal Online where due to very big PK penalties only masochists or very hardcore players would want to be PKers.

The good/neutral village safe zone is only for prelude. Once walls and other defenses are built and Xsyon feels it is time he will remove this protection and Villages will have to defend themselves.

Xsyon stated in another thread he will by no means allow gankers to have the upper hand.

tharsos wrote:
    Nonetheless, I am a little bit worried that once some people start complaining about PKers, then they might implement a system like in Mortal Online where due to very big PK penalties only masochists or very hardcore players would want to be PKers.

I believe thats how it should be. You shouldnt have everyone running around killing other players, without punishment or little punishment.

Evil players get a huge bonus, they get to do what they want, when they want, and they get to kill others AND full loot.

That needs to come with punishments that out weigh the befits. If you had it where the punishment didnt out weigh it, then everyone would be Evil, with only a few people being good just because that want to be different.

Evil play style is good for the game IF used in moderation. If many people or most people are Evil, it takes away from the people that truly do want to role play Evil, and its not fun at all for the Good people that get punished by it.

Evil playstyle should be very small amount of the people playing. Whatever it takes to keep it that way, is good in my book.
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

Virtus wrote:
    Xsyon stated in another thread he will by no means allow gankers to have the upper hand.
    From what I understand:
    -Evil tribes can attack and loot good tribe players
    -Good tribes can attack and loot evil tribe players

-Evil tribes cannot attack good villages
    -Good tribes can attack evil villages

In this system good tribes have some advantage and I think it is a quite good system. Gankers definitely do not have the upper hand here.

Nonetheless, being in an evil tribe will not be enjoyable if there will be further penalties such as severe stat/skill loss for evil tribe members. I believe that once Xsyon stated that he wants the experience of both good and evil tribes to be enjoyable so I just want to make sure that I will be able to enjoy the game while being in an evil clan.

Good tribe's villages will become vulnerable after the Prelude.

Also I am pretty sure that only evil players that get caught have to pay the penalty.