Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I still liek you.

Quote Originally Posted by REVKhA View Post
    That's some mad bullcrap there ... information needs to be centered ingame not in some 3rd party .pdf . There is no excuse for that stuff missing the information should pop up (tooltip) ingame. Nough said.
    Well so many whine about stuff that are being implemented or under construction. Instead of whining about such things, they ought to read up. No the feature list is not completely imported yet.. Thought we had stated that loads of times now. It is also being imported into the game as the CONTENT gets CODED and FINISHED.
    That includes Tool tips so, instead of complaining, be happy that you even -got- some sort of guidance in the manual. 'nough said.
    You sound like you expect it all to happen over night, over a week or over a month. It doesn't. So stop taking forth the subjects that have been discussed over and over again? You like the game, great =).. But this is getting tiresome to see on the forums. I'd rather see less important things that is written down somewhere, be pushed back and have some more content pushed forth, such as quests, tribe systems and combat mechanics. Especially decay would be a very good thing to introduce soon to quell some of the 'we lack stuff to do' as then you'll have to keep yourself supplied, because your housing (if you have any tribe), your tools, armor, weapons and food will decay. It'll force you to search for other players to repair, replace etc.
    But you said that already . So it isn't that I disagree all that much with you, actually I agree with quite a lot of what you said..

Did I mention content? I just said, if you don't know what to do in a sandbox, you ought to go back to your theme park where you are guided.
    "Can't think for yourself." (Hey I'm a woodcrafter, I need wood. Where can I get some.. Oh there!. *Chopping* Now what can I do with these logs. *Opens crafting* aah I can make some poles. I'll do that and see what they are.), yell to the world and hear if anyone can help you.
    We only have a scarce game population at the moment, but at least we have a shout now, so you can actually contact people and band together easily now. That opens up A HELL lot of content ? You can suddenly terraform, build houses etc. No atm, all we can pretty much do is to terraform/craft/hunt/explore. Which is. Oh in line with the About on the website. Yay!

The About. (And we have moved quite far from this scenario anywho)
    The players of the Prelude begin as scavengers, hunters and gatherers.

What did you expect in a game that tries to follow a concept of evolution. A completely polished game and total war from the beginning?!

And I doubt we will ever agree on what a sandbox is and isn't. So can we drop the issue permaybehaps ?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/206045 (you get why after this thread, even though I agree with the top posters..)

A game should be bug free and have its features polished regardless of its concept. By release, that is.

Anything other than this makes little sense to me.

Xsyon Citizen
    You are correct OP with the things that don't seem finished; hence the game is not yet finished. I ordered back in April 2010. I jumped in for about 3-4 weeks and played around. I realized this was a game that had so much potential and knew it would take time so I left. I had recently come back a few days ago and what I can see from June, things have changed.

The changes made since June of 2010 show me that the devs are progressing and their ideas for Xsyon are becoming, if ever slowly, a reality. The long list of great 'game' ideas listed is starting to get checked off.

I know like you I want to play in this world as listed in the features now. I also know that a concept like this takes time and the devs don't have the cash like EA (cough), Blizzard, Sony or Bioware has. You like me were won over with the features this game will have. Even if they are coming slowly they are at least starting to appear as stated. A suggestion!

Play something else for a bit. Take a few weeks off and then get ready for Prelude. Will Prelude solve everything? No, at least not at launch, but those features listed will get in and the game will gain momentum and recognition. Don't you want to be one of the few to say, "I've been here since the beginning! I saw what potential this game had. I wish more MMO's were like this."

I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chile View Post
    You are correct OP with the things that don't seem finished; hence the game is not yet finished. I ordered back in April 2010. I jumped in for about 3-4 weeks and played around. I realized this was a game that had so much potential and knew it would take time so I left. I had recently come back a few days ago and what I can see from June, things have changed.

The changes made since June of 2010 show me that the devs are progressing and their ideas for Xsyon are becoming, if ever slowly, a reality. The long list of great 'game' ideas listed is starting to get checked off.

I know like you I want to play in this world as listed in the features now. I also know that a concept like this takes time and the devs don't have the cash like EA (cough), Blizzard, Sony or Bioware has. You like me were won over with the features this game will have. Even if they are coming slowly they are at least starting to appear as stated. A suggestion!

Play something else for a bit. Take a few weeks off and then get ready for Prelude. Will Prelude solve everything? No, at least not at launch, but those features listed will get in and the game will gain momentum and recognition. Don't you want to be one of the few to say, "I've been here since the beginning! I saw what potential this game had. I wish more MMO's were like this."

I do.
    they would be much farther along if they didnt have to recode everything

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeks View Post
    they would be much farther along if they didnt have to recode everything
    You are right but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Sure did, can you please tell me the effect that STR has in combat? Or with axes? or with a blade? or with any other skill? All I see is that it has some effect but not how much at all or anything. Even after playing I still dont even know the effects of these. These stats you are stuck with for a long time (right now they dont even change at all). So making a choice at the start of the game on stats that you have no idea how they will effect you or your real play style yet is pretty major.

It would be like picking a class and you know nothing about. You can pick A B C or D. Based on which one you pick, you will be stuck with them for a long long time in the game. We dont know what effect any of them really have on you, but they will have effects some how.
    actully there a guide on what stat does what. but right now some of it isnt working like xsyon said

Quote Originally Posted by Chile View Post
    You are right but it is what it is.
    of course i cant blame jooky for it but it looks like th recode has gone very good