Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FUNDING

FUNDING

Sorry if this has already been asked i did look around the forum first.

Just wondering if you could tell us anything about the way you was funded for this project, and if so could you tell us how healthy the funds are.

Also was the realese date pushed forward at all because of funding if so does that have anything to do with releasing features slowly with a small population ?

This is my first post here so i would like to add that i am looking forward to seeing how the game developes and have my fingers crossed that you can pull this off, as the features sound excellent.

Re:FUNDING

Stop asking that question after Wish Online.

"We have an healthy income and we will not cancel the game"

Weeks later the game canceled and still not sure why.

Good question, I would like to know as well. Some of us followed another sandbox MMO that has run out of cash and they are releasing an unfinished product. I want to know if this is being released incomplete because of the lack of funding.

lol i was also gutted by that company having funding issues we wont mention no names tho ... MORTAL ONLINE :angry:

Visitor

inferno3387 wrote:
    Good question, I would like to know as well. Some of us followed another sandbox MMO that has run out of cash and they are releasing an unfinished product. I want to know if this is being released incomplete because of the lack of funding.
    Thankfully at the time of pre-ordering MO, I was sitting on a beach and missed the opportunity. Gotta appreciate that in the long run. At the time I was disappointed but having now played the beta and seen how absolutely hideous the character models are, I'm glad it went that way.

Hopefully Xsyon has had the funding to make this as great as it sounds. So far, via screen shots it looks very good, I'm so hopeful.

Oh and Inferno, I miss your old signature, it used to crack me up, the look on her face.

Pippa wrote:

Oh and Inferno, I miss your old signature, it used to crack me up, the look on her face.
    Changed the back, the other images were slowing down people's browsers.

I know a few mmorpgs who've claimed to have good funding but anonymously dropped out and abandoned there work.

Visitor

darkrounge wrote:
    I know a few mmorpgs who've claimed to have good funding but anonymously dropped out and abandoned there work.
    Perhaps they found that there simply wasn't enough interest in their game and felt like that they would never recoup the money they were going to put into it? I mean, developers have to make the tough decisions and if theres simply not going to be a big enough playerbase, whats the point in putting the effort into it? That's the only reason I can come up with for it, personally.

inferno3387 wrote:
    Pippa wrote:

Changed the back, the other images were slowing down people's browsers.
    Yay! Her face is hysterical. :silly:

Xsyon Citizen

Triphead wrote:
    Sorry if this has already been asked i did look around the forum first.

Just wondering if you could tell us anything about the way you was funded for this project, and if so could you tell us how healthy the funds are.

Also was the realese date pushed forward at all because of funding if so does that have anything to do with releasing features slowly with a small population ?

This is my first post here so i would like to add that i am looking forward to seeing how the game developes and have my fingers crossed that you can pull this off, as the features sound excellent.
    As far as i know the release date hasn't been brought forward. The majority of the features announced will be in the game for the release and the population size is out of the developers hands.

Infact i think that the release date was pushed back a few times so that new features would be ready for the release,at one point there was talk of having January 1st release date then a mid-march before the date was confirmed as April 15th

An answer on this would be nice, even a vague one.
    Also, are you(Xyson team) still looking for investors?