General Questions

G'day,

First off, congradulations on a very interesting looking game.

I've only stumbled apon this today, so bear with me, I havn't seen any answers to these questions yet, but appologies if they have been answered.

Whith pre-orders, will people be put into the the game before April 15 when pre-ordering, or starting from then? I am asking because I'm unsure about getting a pre-order copy and having to wait months to play.

Grinding... I stayed away from games like WoW mainly because the hours of mindless grinding. How much of the gameplay will be based around "Mundane" tasks like chopping wood, building roads, buildings, etc?

Although not someone who has the PK u nubz type attitude, I enjoy PK, and the idea of raiding and other pvp conflict is a must for me, I, like most people get bored hacking and slashing and need to be able to compete in some way with others who can also impliment strategy. How PK focused is/can I as a player be?

The world sounds quite large, and I'm assuming there isn't, or at least at this point any form of teleportation. I'm aware players can aquire mounts, but with a world this size, do you expect it to be populated enough that we will be able to interect with anyone outside of our own tribe?

Obviously with a game like yours, I could think of a thousand questions, but the above I am curious about before ordering.

I'm aware your flat out at the moment, response isn't urgent, if any non admin have any insight feel free to reply.

Edit: Just noticed the Public Support forum, please move the thread there if you would like.

Teotwauki
    -Teotwauki

Click on the picture for more information on the Brotherhood of Change

Re:General Questions

Teotwauki wrote:
    G'day,

First off, congradulations on a very interesting looking game.
    Thank you

Teotwauki wrote:
    Whith pre-orders, will people be put into the the game before April 15 when pre-ordering, or starting from then? I am asking because I'm unsure about getting a pre-order copy and having to wait months to play.
    Pre-orders will be allowed in before April 15th on a first come first serve basis.

Teotwauki wrote:
    Grinding... I stayed away from games like WoW mainly because the hours of mindless grinding. How much of the gameplay will be based around "Mundane" tasks like chopping wood, building roads, buildings, etc?
    The game is designed to be fun without needless endless grinding. Beyond that I'm afraid I don't know specifics.

Teotwauki wrote:
    Although not someone who has the PK u nubz type attitude, I enjoy PK, and the idea of raiding and other pvp conflict is a must for me, I, like most people get bored hacking and slashing and need to be able to compete in some way with others who can also impliment strategy. How PK focused is/can I as a player be?
    Due to the fact that Xsyon will be a true sandbox the opportunities are endless. You could be a bounty Hunter, a Merc, an evil guy that just likes to screw people over (comes with a huge cost), soldier, hunter (animals that is), silent killer (there is a stealth skill). I would hope that is enough, at least for now.

Teotwauki wrote:
    The world sounds quite large, and I'm assuming there isn't, or at least at this point any form of teleportation. I'm aware players can aquire mounts, but with a world this size, do you expect it to be populated enough that we will be able to interect with anyone outside of our own tribe?
    There well never be any forms of teleportation or instances. The game will start off small, 120 km sq, we will expand this only as needed. Once we see that the area is getting full and there is not enough elbow room the lands will expand a bit to accommodate more.

Hope that helps.

Re:General Questions

Thank you for the fast reply.

I guess I'm just finding it hard to form ideas about the game because it is so unique, but your reply did help.

Although Xsyon seems some what low budget, you seem to be quite inovative, and have earned my $40 regardless of how the game develops. I do get the impression the game really is in the hands of the players.

I come from playing years of games developed by Iron Realms Entertainment, a small campany who males text based MUD's. Their games were brilliant, but have degraded some what with the playerbase over the years. Since your game doesn't appear to be as main stream, considers player feedback, and is really thinking outside the box, I have high hopes for it, although am still some what skeptical of how things will go.

-Teotwauki
    -Teotwauki

Click on the picture for more information on the Brotherhood of Change