Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With strength being a skill to be trained, I think

And it being said that you will have a hard time trying to fully loot some one, I take it that we are looking at space, More than weight.

So how will we be able to carry things, Will we only have so many slot's on us?, Bags?, Will we be able to have small cart's?(I understand that any cart use will slow us, If we are able to use them), Will we be able to add to the slot's to carry more?

John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

Re: With strength being a skill to be trained, I think

One of my biggest annoyances with some mmo's is the lack of bag space. I really hope that isn't an issue here.

Visitor

Re:With strength being a skill to be trained, I think

I think you might have an issue, but it might also be a good thing. Im pretty sure later down the roads carriages, horses and such will be more suited to carrying bigger loads for trade routes or relocations.

- Carrying capacity is limited, so fully looting another player will not be practical.

http://xsyon.com/forums/28-features/232-conflict-death-consequences-and-decisions

I hope carrying capacity is limited by weight more than bag space, and that crafting components are light. Otherwise being a crafter is going to be very annoying. It may not be realistic that you can carry components for several sets of armor and several weapons, but only a few finished products, but a crafting focused game needs to have crafter friendly game mechanics.

I think they said that the crafting was going to be really simple for the Prelube, No idea what that means for later.

John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

Siko wrote:
    I hope carrying capacity is limited by weight more than bag space, and that crafting components are light. Otherwise being a crafter is going to be very annoying. It may not be realistic that you can carry components for several sets of armor and several weapons, but only a few finished products, but a crafting focused game needs to have crafter friendly game mechanics.
    I hope most crafting items are heavy, then you would have to use tools like carts and wagons to transport things, like in Wurm Online.
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

Visitor

aliksteel wrote:
    I think they said that the crafting was going to be really simple for the Prelube, No idea what that means for later.

LOL. Why do you keep saying prelube?

MrDDT wrote:
    I hope most crafting items are heavy, then you would have to use tools like carts and wagons to transport things, like in Wurm Online.
    That would work, but a simple cart should be something you can make from day one then. Gatherers/scavangers should perhaps also be able to sacrifice armor for carrying capacity? By actually wearing backpacks, clothes with pockets/straps that is. I wouldn't want naked people to have any bonuses to carrying capacity.

Siko wrote:
    MrDDT wrote:
    That would work, but a simple cart should be something you can make from day one then. Gatherers/scavangers should perhaps also be able to sacrifice armor for carrying capacity? By actually wearing backpacks, clothes with pockets/straps that is. I wouldn't want naked people to have any bonuses to carrying capacity.
    If armor is heavy, then not wearing armor increases your carrying capacity.

Chocobot wrote:
    Siko wrote:
    MrDDT wrote:
    If armor is heavy, then not wearing armor increases your carrying capacity.
    Yes, unless your backpack carrying capacity does not include what you have on your paper doll. Most games don't work like this however.