Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re:How do we know this isnt a scam?

Hi

I just read this info from mmorpg forums:

Features listed = 121

Done=48

Not Done=73

Was there really a point in brining this thread back to life?

Clearly this game is not a scam. We are seeing features being added as planned by the developers. This is also one of the few games I have seen where the developers actually respond directly to people, which deserves an incredible amount of respect in itself.

I expect this to come up often because in a sense Notorious is going about a different way to build customer confidence than traditional MMOs.

The Features list is not really what is in the Beta but more like what they plan on having in the release. So it is not a scam but more like a roadmap.

Basically NG want to go the route of building a small playersbase that enjoy a fully fuctional game prior to actually marketing the product to rake in players. Unlike many MMOs that market first and worry about fixing second.

What it comes down to is Pre-ordering is an investment. It could turn out to be a bad investment or a great investment and it is up to the player to decide if they want to take that chance.

cbowsin wrote:
    I expect this to come up often because in a sense Notorious is going about a different way to build customer confidence than traditional MMOs.

The Features list is not really what is in the Beta but more like what they plan on having in the release. So it is not a scam but more like a roadmap.

Basically NG want to go the route of building a small playersbase that enjoy a fully fuctional game prior to actually marketing the product to rake in players. Unlike many MMOs that market first and worry about fixing second.

What it comes down to is Pre-ordering is an investment. It could turn out to be a bad investment or a great investment and it is up to the player to decide if they want to take that chance.
    /signed

what he said