suggestion on gear?

I had a thought that might be an interesting feature, and as far as i know, quite a unique one. Although at this stage probably too late to implement, an interesting thought though.

I think that being more skill based and less gear based is the best way to go, so people are definately working for their achoevements in the game. But we all love a bit of treasure hunting don't we? :P

So how about skillgain gear? For example fire resistant tops that would boost the skillgain of things such as making fires, and maybe lightweight wear that boosts lumbering skillgain, you know that idea. Obviously the gain shouldn't be huge, but it would be nice for a tribe to make a bunch of some of this gear and lend it to new recruits or contracters for their chosen field as a nice gesture. Or maybe this system wouldn't work, I am not too sure. Any thoughts?

Re:suggestion on gear?

I prefer this on a more simple/realistic level. Like if you're going to be doing a lot of running around, wear lighter clothes so you're not encumbered. So perhaps clothes will effecvt how long it takes to cut down a tree or something?
    Brum, brum.

yeh having an effect on timers would be great - realistic, and would lead to more time efficient work as an advantage of being well equipped. Then again the effect of this on balancing issues and the economy would probably be too great. One thing I didn't like in WOW was the excellent gear high level players could equip their new alts so they could level ten times faster then poor little me.

type of armor will affect certain things. For example Grass armor is useless for saving you from an axe however, makes you quite stealthy when stalking some deer to kill.

Good enough for me :laugh:

Virtus wrote:
    type of armor will affect certain things. For example Grass armor is useless for saving you from an axe however, makes you quite stealthy when stalking some deer to kill.
    I cant wait to make my first Ghillie suit

That sounds awesome. That type of thing is right down my alley

Check the artistic work gallery - You can see what armor sets , From Deer to Primitive metal sets

Xsyon Citizen

Personally I like the way armor will work, I would hate to see modifiers cause the same horrible impact it has on so many other games. Besides it would hinder the creative expression of the player base as everyone would be trying to craft "x type of gear" for "x type of modifier."
    "Fish can't sit down cause they got no laps!!"