Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tribe sponsered Arena

I was thinking an arena with brackets, kinda like sport playoffs. Everyone would required to put in an entry fee, which could be supplies, special gear, currency, ect. Winner takes all! (Sponsoring Tribe would obliviously take a cut for arranging and organizing)

An issue that I see would be needed is guards to prevent mass killing within the tribes camp or wherever it takes place.

Re: Tribe sponsered Arena

No guards needed if you code it right.
    Look at Entropia Universe. FFA Arena in the middle of cities.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Visitor

Re:Tribe sponsered Arena

I've also thought about this along with side bettting and such.

Dominus wrote:
    FFA Arena in the middle of cities.
    This was pretty much one of the few things about that game that was coded right.

Well couldn't we, the community, do this on our own. We wouldn't really need to have it hard coded into the game, something like this could easily be organized.

Either way it sounds fun.

Just make one in your tribe. You don't need it coded and of course if you are not evil they won't fight to the death.

I like the idea of player implimented bouts, a powerful tribs builds an arena, organizes an event, charges an entry fee. Anyone not welcome or who causes trouble is killed. No real coding needed IMO. If anyone causes trouble at a public event, it's going to make a lot of enemies. If the organizing tribe decides to make off with the money, it will also lead to wars.

I like it... imo, player developed stuff FtW
    -Teotwauki

Click on the picture for more information on the Brotherhood of Change

Dominus wrote:
    No guards needed if you code it right.
    Look at Entropia Universe. FFA Arena in the middle of cities.
    Everything in the world will be player create. So there are no set areas with are arena areas. So this can not be programmed into the game. Player should be able to organize it and also have to supply protection.

Biships wrote:
    Well couldn't we, the community, do this on our own. We wouldn't really need to have it hard coded into the game, something like this could easily be organized.

Either way it sounds fun.
    I agree, as players will be able to place walls how they want to they will be able to make their own arenas and then hold their own matches.
    There is no need for anything to be coded.
    Brum, brum.

Re:Tribe sponsered Arena

Seeing as the code for perma death is already in there, why not consent for PD fight in an arena?