Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there any point in choosing toolcraft at start?

Since all toolcraft recipes have skill req. of 5 and so far I have seen very few fails when crafting (most of these were when I tried to make stakes from iron wedge, so it's propably because of bad mats), is there any point in choosing toolcraft.

Yes, you get more recipes (So I've heard, haven't tested yet), but since all have so low skill req, there isn't that much benefit gained from choosing it.

Is there an update incoming that will change the skill reqs or increase possibility of failing craft.

Also, I'm concerned about the fact that without tool degrade, in addition to all tools of certain type being equal, toolcrafters will run out of work very fast.

I'd really like to be toolcrafter, so I'm just concerned that it'll be worthless profession, at least worthless to specialize into.

Well starting as a toolcrafter you get tools required to actually make other tools.
    All items will degarade over time.
    With higher skill you'll be able to make tools of higher quality allowing other crafters to make items of higher quality. So I think skilled toolcrafter will have a lot of work.

toolcrafting does also start with quite a few of the architecture, and other craft patterns. I like starting as a toolcrafter personally 8).

Oh, and I'm not so sure "all tools are created equal" even in our current form of Beta. Try it out, see for yourself. Maybe I'm just bonkers.

However, I do know for live, there will be a huge, noticeable different in the "quality" of tool you use that will then net better results and lesser chances of failure.
    Willbonney, a.k.a. William H. Bonney, a.k.a. William Antrem, a.k.a. Billy the Kid
    "Make ya' famous."

Bossman of Regulators

http://xsyonregulators.guildlaunch.c...5225&f=1388952

The comment about higher quality tool use making higher quality finished products is something I was also wondering. For example, some recipes require string or thread. Since grass is plentiful I used the grass version over the ones tailors can make. I always wondered how that would effect the end product.

Is there anyway to tell or does anyone know?

I don't believe quality differences are in at the moment, that might be something they are adding at prelude launch or later.

Not all recipes are level 5. I have a level 35 one that I can't use yet.

Xsyon Citizen
    I just got an Angler's Rod recipe last night but can't make it yet cuz I don't have the mats. If I could, would I catch different fish or have less fails when fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeechMan View Post
    Since all toolcraft recipes have skill req. of 5 and so far I have seen very few fails when crafting (most of these were when I tried to make stakes from iron wedge, so it's propably because of bad mats), is there any point in choosing toolcraft.

Yes, you get more recipes (So I've heard, haven't tested yet), but since all have so low skill req, there isn't that much benefit gained from choosing it.

Is there an update incoming that will change the skill reqs or increase possibility of failing craft.

Also, I'm concerned about the fact that without tool degrade, in addition to all tools of certain type being equal, toolcrafters will run out of work very fast.

I'd really like to be toolcrafter, so I'm just concerned that it'll be worthless profession, at least worthless to specialize into.
    I fail quite often when attempting things at skill 5... whereas far less with my 25 in toolcrafting... totally worth it to start as toolcrafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Badaboom View Post
    I just got an Angler's Rod recipe last night but can't make it yet cuz I don't have the mats. If I could, would I catch different fish or have less fails when fishing?
    As far as I can tell, every different version of the same tool (forager's, scrapper's, trapper's etc) does the same job it just has a different name/graphic.
    Likely it is the same for fishing but I dunno.

the only reason not to start as toolcrafter is the woodworkers saw.. else I would roll toolcraft everytime. right now i just roll woodcraft as the saw is to hard to find vs the time spent learning recipe's in toolcrafting and leveling it.

I'm thinking about taking toolcraft as a main crafting profession however it hinges on being able to repair items with a moderately high skill (50 to repair tools (only?) to 70% durability (or decay) and maybe a .5% increase per skill level after 50