Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Characters wipe for Prelude?

If I am remembering this right, all who get in before prelude will have there characters wiped, But the building stay?

Is that right?

If yes, Does the camps we make turn into NPC camp's. or When we are let back in, Can we go claim our camps back?

John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

Re:Characters wipe for Prelude?

aliksteel wrote:
    If I am remembering this right, all who get in before prelude will have there characters wiped, But the building stay?

Is that right?

If yes, Does the camps we make turn into NPC camp's. or When we are let back in, Can we go claim our camps back?
    Well not sure if it going to be a character wipe or just an stat reset. I think the latter, so you still be part of the tribes and the tribes still own the camps.

I think a full wipe would be better though, a clean slate for prelude.

The wipe will depend on if there are any major bugs that turn up. If there is a full wipe it will occur 1 week before game release so that you have time to build your villages again.

If, however, everything is fine, there will be no wipe.

Redus wrote:
    I think a full wipe would be better though, a clean slate for prelude.
    This.
    I'd much prefer it if EVERYTHING was wiped for prelude, characters, towns, tribes, all of it.

Makes the most sense from a lore perspective and it gives a few weeks for people to learn shit without any real repercussions, figure out how tribes work and a chance to uncover any major bugs.

Virtus wrote:
    The full wipe will depend on if there are any major bugs that turn up. If there is a full wipe it will occur 1 week before game release so that you have time to build your villages again.

If, however, everything is fine, there will be no full wipe.

There still will be a Toon wipe.

Fixt in bold.
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

Virtus wrote:
    The wipe will depend on if there are any major bugs that turn up. If there is a full wipe it will occur 1 week before game release so that you have time to build your villages again.

So the wipe isn't written in stone? It will only be done if necessary?
    Brum, brum.

Virtus wrote:

That sounds bad. I don't think you guys even beta tested the game properly?

Darkfall had a shit ton of glitches/bugs in the beginning that a select few abused on a daily basis to gain an advantage over others.
    It still took the developers alot of time to find those bugs and fix them.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Dominus wrote:
    Virtus wrote:

That sounds bad. I don't think you guys even beta tested the game properly?

Darkfall had a shit ton of glitches/bugs in the beginning that a select few abused on a daily basis to gain an advantage over others.
    It still took the developers alot of time to find those bugs and fix them.
    It took a long time for a GM to do anything about the people exploiting them too.

I'm positve there will be wipes due to glitches,bugs ect.

It requires a DEV to Clarify this matter , Its an important question , We need to know if we go about building our tribe is actually worth it ,