Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80
  1. #1

    Exclamation A major concern.....xyson 2 carebear

    I'm looking to buy the game but what I've heard is that xyson is not really a sandbox but really sim online or bob the builder.

    explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate is how I play and the rest of my guild, we want to build an empire and destroy everyone in our path and force them under our control.

    but from what i heard...there's no plans for conquering towns etc

    so the PVP is already lackluster, and also meaningless...

    just wondering if this is true? ...because this really sucks for someone like me, who likes to build empires and conquer others.

    plus without seiging, conquering,expanding ..politics is going to be so boring.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post
    exploit, and exterminate is how I play and the rest of my guild, we want to build an empire and destroy everyone in our path and force them under our control.
    These are not possible in Xsyon, so yeah, seems the game is not for you.

  3. #3
    As far as i understand it you can't conquere other tribes atm. But i already heard that the next Evolution step in 6-9 month is called Tribe Wars....and its understandable because this world need to be build up first before you can conquer anything

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post
    I'm looking to buy the game but what I've heard is that xyson is not really a sandbox but really sim online or bob the builder.

    explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate is how I play and the rest of my guild, we want to build an empire and destroy everyone in our path and force them under our control.

    but from what i heard...there's no plans for conquering towns etc

    so the PVP is already lackluster, and also meaningless...

    just wondering if this is true? ...because this really sucks for someone like me, who likes to build empires and conquer others.

    plus without seiging, conquering,expanding ..politics is going to be so boring.
    I think Darkfall would be a better game for you.
    "To generalize is to be an idiot." (William Blake)

    Tribe: Hopi Tribe

  5. #5
    Jooky has stated a couple of times that after Prelude (first 6 months give or take) he will be implementing the systems for tribes to wage war on one another. Like the other person said, we need to build stuff up before it can be conquered/destroyed.

  6. #6
    it would be better if it takes only 1 month to build up stuff instead of 6.

    because you carebears will think you wasted 6 months of your live and crying quit the game while 1 month maybe wont be that hard to take for you.

  7. #7
    Troll, Ummm esudar I mean. Before you start talking crap, How about taking some time and reading. If you had, You would have seen this is not DF. This game is not built around PVP. It has PVP, but it's not PVP first and everything else second. If this is how you plan to start off on the Xsyon forums, Well maybe you need to head back over to DF. At lest there you will be with your own kind.

    The Crying Carebear!
    -Alik Steel

    John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    As far as i understand it you can't conquere other tribes atm. But i already heard that the next Evolution step in 6-9 month is called Tribe Wars....and its understandable because this world need to be build up first before you can conquer anything
    Terrible idea by Jooky, in my opinion. Once conquering of tribal areas is implemented (if it's even still his plan), those people who were conquered are going to quit. They'll spend "6 months" in la-la land, then once their area is taken over... Tears will flow. It happened in Darkfall, and territory control doesn't even mean anything in that game.

    I'm not suggesting that there shouldn't be a conquering mechanic, but it needs to be in before people get used to exploiting the safety of town borders. It's also a big part of the game whether people want to believe it or not. Anyone who thinks a game with open-pvp, looting, and area conquest isn't going to attract a lot of people who want to focus on PvP and territory control... Well, they are delusional.

  9. #9
    Visitor
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Way down deep in a bottle of ale...
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by esudar View Post
    it would be better if it takes only 1 month to build up stuff instead of 6.
    I will have to agree here.

    6 months?? wtf

  10. #10
    Yes there is a lot of people that are delusional my friend. And I stand by what I said, If you want a game made around PVP go to DF. If you want a game made around Tribes stay here. PVP wars will be over tribal expansion areas.

    John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •