Starter Question

I didnt get to play much last night but the first thing I wanted to do when finding myself alone in the dark in the cold weather was to get some food in my belly. My first thought was fishing, my second thought was 'well how do I get a fishing pole'. Fishing might not be the best way to get food, I dont know really, either way I think I need food first,then off to explore everywhere.

I do plan on joining a tribe but first I want to explore so I have a good feel for the geography

Thanks

EDIT: I should add a question, how important is selecting my starter stats and skills.

For me, Saintbobs' tutorials worked wonders in helping me get my bearings.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ideo-Tutorials!

Ironically I have already seen all of them execpt very possibly the one that would apply to my question, tool making.
    Never the less, for now I want to try being a harvestor only and use my harvest as money to buy crafted items such as fishing poles so I somewhat answered my own question.

That said, I would like to know one thing. Is it better to eat fish or forage bushes for food or does it depend and if so what does it depend on?

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    Imy second thought was 'well how do I get a fishing pole'.
    I found out a fishing pole in my backpack.
    Have you checked yours ?

bye

I'm a member of a tribe and we all rely on each other for survival. We have a fisherman who gets about 90% of our food. So if you end up joining a tribe I'm sure they will help on the food front. As for solo survival I'd go for fishing personally, since you get a fishing pole. You'll need to read WillBonney's guides as well in the Prelude forum, he has a great article on stats. I find them immensely important personally since they essentially dictate your chances of doing different things. Chekc out Will's guide here: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...Creation-Guide and feel free to hit me up in game with any questions or if you need anything, I'm Otter. My tribe is Borealis

Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    I'm a member of a tribe and we all rely on each other for survival. We have a fisherman who gets about 90% of our food. So if you end up joining a tribe I'm sure they will help on the food front. As for solo survival I'd go for fishing personally, since you get a fishing pole. You'll need to read WillBonney's guides as well in the Prelude forum, he has a great article on stats. I find them immensely important personally since they essentially dictate your chances of doing different things. Chekc out Will's guide here: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...Creation-Guide and feel free to hit me up in game with any questions or if you need anything, I'm Otter. My tribe is Borealis
    thanks, I thought I had checked out every resource out there but this one I havent seen yet