Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mounts, Taming and how they will work

Hey Xsyon community and developers I have a few questions regarding Mounts, Taming and how they will work in Xsyon.

Thanks for any clarification.

1. How will mounts/pets be obtained?
    What will the taming process involve? Will the player actually have to do something?

2. What kids of creatures can be tamed?

3. Will it be possible to steel another players mount?

4. Assuming it is possible, How will you prevent people from simply steeling another players mount as soon as they get off, hence making the transition from mounted to foot combat in a fight unfeasible.

Possibly some kind of mount loyalty system, with skills that affect this?

5. Will we be able to stable out mounts/pets or must we simply despawn them like in darkfall?

6. Will there be mounted combat? and if so will it be melee only or ranged also?

7. Can we name out mount/pet? and will we need to feed them etc to keep loyalty (or similar mechanic) up?

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

And thank you so much for continuing to answer community questions and keep us informed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re:Mounts, Taming and how they will work

edaw22 wrote:
    1. How will mounts/pets be obtained?
    What will the taming process involve? Will the player actually have to do something?
    I believe answering this would give away to much information and ruin some of the discovery if answered.

edaw22 wrote:
    2. What kids of creatures can be tamed?
    I believe any and all.

edaw22 wrote:
    7. Can we name out mount/pet? and will we need to feed them etc to keep loyalty (or similar mechanic) up?[/b]
    Unsure about naming, pretty sure about feeding.

I really hope we don't have ridiculous pokemon pets like in other games where you can just pocket them.
    But I think that Xsyon will have your pets/mounts be actual physical creatures in the world. Why? Because they've gone into such depth with everything else, why take the easy way out with stupid pets?
    Brum, brum.

Visitor

Cradlejoe wrote:
    I really hope we don't have ridiculous pokemon pets like in other games where you can just pocket them.
    But I think that Xsyon will have your pets/mounts be actual physical creatures in the world. Why? Because they've gone into such depth with everything else, why take the easy way out with stupid pets?
    I feel the same way about mounts. Someone desperately needs to tell me how the heck I can fit in a horse in my pocket? I know of a couple horses and if I could just... stick them in my pocket, I'm fairly sure no one will notice it if I take one or two of them.

But on a more serious note, I loved the way Fallen Earth did it, the mount was out on a 24/7 basis. I still think its odd that you MAKE the mount... that was weird, but, at least the mount never went back in my pocket. :side:

Xsyon Citizen

Maybe its a kind of mount like Gandalf's Shadowfax.
    Its always near to you but shortly out of sight and comes back to you when you call it.

When in darkness or in doubt,
    run in circles, scream and shout.

Pippa wrote:
    Cradlejoe wrote:
    I feel the same way about mounts. Someone desperately needs to tell me how the heck I can fit in a horse in my pocket? I know of a couple horses and if I could just... stick them in my pocket, I'm fairly sure no one will notice it if I take one or two of them.

But on a more serious note, I loved the way Fallen Earth did it, the mount was out on a 24/7 basis. I still think its odd that you MAKE the mount... that was weird, but, at least the mount never went back in my pocket. :side:
    Mounts will probably always be out because they wouldn’t really work with the weight system being implemented. The real question is if we will get to craft them or catch some in the wild and breed the ones we caught.

Fingers crossed for capturing and breeding!
    Brum, brum.

Given that your food source...Cattle, Pig, Chickens, Cats, Dogs will need to be tamed I am sure your pets and mounts do not despawn in anyway.

Cradlejoe wrote:
    Fingers crossed for capturing and breeding!
    There will not be breeding in prelude. However he found it an interesting idea.

Visitor

One thing that worries me about un-pocketable mounts is abandonment. When you leave your mount will it stay there forever? It caused lag in Mortal. I think adding some kind of expiration date before your mount goes wild again would be a must. Mounts gone wild.