A few big crafting annoyances

1. Sort - With there being so many recipes, it would be most excellent to sort them somehow, if I want to make an aloha outfit, i can just search for aloha, or sort by A. Right now, the list is really unintuitive.

2. When you learn a new item recipe, it's be great it your current item recipe weren't deselected. The notification should also tell you what you learned, this is super easy to implement and would help LOADS!

3. It'd be cool to know if a tool could be used to make something, i.e. an indicator that a yardstick is a measure, non english unit people may not know what a yard is for example.

4. When setting up crafting quests, etc... I need to know the EXACT item i want made, whereas a generic item could work. i.e. Saw vs' Scrappers Saw. Autocomplete would be amazing here.
    My name is Splits, I can has nam nam?

Yea, craft windows need to sort by type, and a secondary of one of the attributes (selectable). So, for tools, all hammers are grouped together, all punches are grouped together. Something like the current list of what can be made that have been posted, with the sub sort by attribute.

I agree with everything you said, good suggestions.

I agree, i was about to post something similar.

Yah, crafting window definately needs some love.

Simple sorting by expandable categories would do wonders.

Making the mouse scroll wheel work for the craft window (and chat window) would do wonders too. I know you can just click and hold the arrows in the list to scroll, but it is painfully slow. If we can't do that we should at least have fully functional scroll bars (click on the bar between the arrows and drag to move along the list).

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Making the mouse scroll wheel work for the craft window (and chat window) would do wonders too. I know you can just click and hold the arrows in the list to scroll, but it is painfully slow. If we can't do that we should at least have fully functional scroll bars (click on the bar between the arrows and drag to move along the list).

Drev
    Omg please yes. I have zoomed my view out too many times to count while bouncing between recipes. And sorting would be extremely appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrfan View Post
    1. Sort - With there being so many recipes, it would be most excellent to sort them somehow, if I want to make an aloha outfit, i can just search for aloha, or sort by A. Right now, the list is really unintuitive.

2. When you learn a new item recipe, it's be great it your current item recipe weren't deselected. The notification should also tell you what you learned, this is super easy to implement and would help LOADS!

3. It'd be cool to know if a tool could be used to make something, i.e. an indicator that a yardstick is a measure, non english unit people may not know what a yard is for example.

4. When setting up crafting quests, etc... I need to know the EXACT item i want made, whereas a generic item could work. i.e. Saw vs' Scrappers Saw. Autocomplete would be amazing here.
    I am on board with this!

I end up crafting the wrong item once because it defaulted to a new reciepe that just happen to require nearly the same materials as what I was working with at the time.

Do not autoclose open containers when crafting (or if you hiccup and move half a pixel. containers should only autoclose once you are a certain distance away)
    Simply browsing another crafting recipe should not interrupt an in-progress action.