Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How will death work?

I don't believe I saw it detailed in the features list. Can we get a more detailed description of the mechanics with death.

Also, will it be full loot? (I am hoping it will be!)

Thank you!

Re:How will death work?

I hope for full loot too. And as it seems you can have grass armour (Which I imagine will be destroyed easily) items will have some sort of decay rate so losing items won't be a huge tragedy.
    Brum, brum.

actually i hope it wont be full loot otherwise it will end like darkfall, people fighting with no armor
    or you should be able to at least have a bank to store ressources and so on
    Through Change conquer!

I talking about this briefly with Xsyon and if I remember correctly I think loot will be only partial, at least for now.

if it is only partial full will come later, it's just that for now we don't want to scare some people away with the thought of full loot.

Hordendos: I believe Xsyon's vision is that instead of fighting to the death you fight strategically and run away if you have to, not just keep bashing at each other till there is a victor.

You will be able to keep items you don't wish to carry in your private residence.

If you do fight to the death, is it perma death? With the dieing of old age mechanic I was curious if other forms of death are permanent.

If it is not permadeath, how will it work? Required to have another player revive you, wait x amount of time, need to visit a priest/other npc?

From what I remember death is a complex mechanic with many variables, some which won't be enabled from the start.

Beyond that you will need to wait for the word from the horses mouth.

Virtus wrote:
    I talking about this briefly with Xsyon and if I remember correctly I think loot will be only partial, at least for now.

if it is only partial full will come later, it's just that for now we don't want to scare some people away with the thought of full loot.

Hordendos: I believe Xsyon's vision is that instead of fighting to the death you fight strategically and run away if you have to, not just keep bashing at each other till there is a victor.

You will be able to keep items you don't wish to carry in your private residence.
    well i was interested until i saw this. losing your equipment when dying in pvp is the worst idea ever..

Daed wrote:
    Virtus wrote:

well i was interested until i saw this. losing your equipment when dying in pvp is the most retarded idea ever..
    http://xsyon.com/forums/28-features/...-and-decisions

and please watch the language

Daed wrote:
    well i was interested until i saw this. losing your equipment when dying in pvp is the most retarded idea ever..
    It would really depend on how easy the loot could be replace now would it not? Dismissing the idea of full loot beforehand to me is idiotic. As the game is twitch based this would mean that with a simply weapon you should be able to take down a lot of folks if you good. Now if you have a better weapon you could take down those who are as good as you, but have a weaker weapon.

This is the risk reward balance you have to make for yourself. Do I want to take this good and expensive weapon to this fight, or should I keep it for a more imported fight? Is it wise to go out hunting with a very expensive bow? Or would a weaker one do? This is what I love about full loot. You can not just walk around all the time in the best gear, unless your the best. You have to make decisions and these decision might cost you your armor and weapons. Your decision have actually consequences.

Redus wrote:
    Daed wrote:
    It would really depend on how easy the loot could be replace now would it not? Dismissing the idea of full loot beforehand to me is idiotic. As the game is twitch based this would mean that with a simply weapon you should be able to take down a lot of folks if you good. Now if you have a better weapon you could take down those who are as good as you, but have a weaker weapon.

This is the risk reward balance you have to make for yourself. Do I want to take this good and expensive weapon to this fight, or should I keep it for a more imported fight? Is it wise to go out hunting with a very expensive bow? Or would a weaker one do? This is what I love about full loot. You can not just walk around all the time in the best gear, unless your the best. You have to make decisions and these decision might cost you your armor and weapons. Your decision have actually consequences.
    Very well put.

On top of this weapons will not be anything special, maybe rare. You will not find any rare swords that give +300 damage and 30% chance of freezing.

A sword is a sword is a sword. The only difference will be the level of craftsmanship.