Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    I think what bruisie159 is trying to say is - we dont care if we get homesteads or tribes - but we do care about not having the chance to claim our spot on the same day as everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by parkezu View Post
    I think what bruisie159 is trying to say is - we dont care if we get homesteads or tribes - but we do care about not having the chance to claim our spot on the same day as everybody else.

This is my point EXACTLY, this is the whole reason behind the thread to begin with!!!

i have only just started the game this week..last night for an hour to be precise.
    What drew me to the game was the whole "sandbox" experience! i can do whatever i want.

Ok what if i want to go down the difficult route of soloing? is sandbox " you be/do anything you want other than solo"

What if i want to make my place in the world? that is the main point that drew me here. Well it seems like you can only make your place in the world if you have teamed up with a bunch of people already...if not then sorry you have to fight over the scraps!

I have played too many games where big guilds call the shots...not saying i wont join a tribe...just saying i am new and wanted to take my time and find my place first. This is meant to be a sandbox not a guild hall!

i would be happy with a small homestead and restrictions on placing them. for example;

You can place a totem to claim a small x area of land to yourself. If you decide to move on then the totem is destroyed and you have a two week real time countdown untill you can place another. so simply choose wisely. Dont rush just to claim any piece of land you stumble across.

This would make me really search and think about where im placing. " this looks like a great piece of land...hmmm likely a large tribe will be looking at it, so if i place close i am likely to be forced out...yes better to move on" because there is a cooldown timer i would consider all options....heck make the timre six weeks for all i care!

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    This is my point EXACTLY, this is the whole reason behind the thread to begin with!!!
    hehe im with u tredo! And the depth of feeling over this is obvious, i mean check out the number of views this thread has. Huge amount is such a short time even more than the stickied guides. Favouring one group of players over another is a terrible way to launch a game, easpecially this late on.

Admittedly, the game is tribe focused. I think it will be hard to go solo, but I'm sure they will begin adding stuff for the benefit of solo players after they address the main area of group dynamics.

I too hope they rethink this over the course of the next few days. I plan on being a lone wolf in this world.

well u never know, a miracle may happen and the devs will get homesteads implemented by friday and then there isnt a problem!

devs are in touch with the tribe leaders and im sure its them who are pushing to get this working at release...just make a poll so we show the devs that solo players are in a good number as well, they will be loosing people if they are going to forget about us like this, just cos a bunch of carebear leaders are afraid of not getting the superuberlwet spot.

btw if someone takes ur spot, force him to leave. its easy he can lift up the totem and go to another place or u (the stronger tribe) will harass him untill he do. this is sandbox omg!

Quote Originally Posted by carlosfc1986 View Post
    devs are in touch with the tribe leaders and im sure its them who are pushing to get this working at release...just make a poll so we show the devs that solo players are in a good number as well, they will be loosing people if they are going to forget about us like this, just cos a bunch of carebear leaders are afraid of not getting the superuberlwet spot.

btw if someone takes ur spot, force him to leave. its easy he can lift up the totem and go to another place or u (the stronger tribe) will harass him untill he do. this is sandbox omg!
    Yup thats hwo its supsoe to work, all i want is a chance to claim one of the spots i have in mind, they aint even great spots..just nice for my personal preference. if a large tribe wants that area i want my homestead in then they can camp me for five hours and kill me over and over and over , I wont give up in a single hour but if they realy realy want that spot and keep it up for several hours I'm likely to say..ok you proofen you want this , you can have it.. now just give me my cloths and tools back please...