First person and advertisement questions

Yes, I already read the other first person thread and I'm aware first person is in. However, there's a difference between first person view and first person rendering. If we choose to play in first person, do you see your sword as you swing? See your bow as you knock an arrow? Do your fists show up when I'm unarmed? Or is it like most third person games with option first person view where when you swing at an enemy it's just "Hit" with no visible blade strike.

Second, do the Xsyon staff plan to advertise the game? So far there doesn't appear to be a trailer, but will there be banners up, commercials, or anything else? Right now there doesn't seem to be many people who even know about this game. Which can be bad considering how close release is. Word of mouth can only do so much a good advertising plan can go a long way (imo).

As to the first question I don't mind if it's mostly third person but these are just some things I wanted to ask.

Re:First person and advertisement questions

From what I can see, they don't want to launch into a blaze of glory - only to be swamped, overload the servers and spend all of launch week trying to keep things up while people ragequit in frustration.

Seem to be more of the low key launch and gradually ramp it up approach.

Lily wrote:
    From what I can see, they don't want to launch into a blaze of glory - only to be swamped, overload the servers and spend all of launch week trying to keep things up while people ragequit in frustration.

Seem to be more of the low key launch and gradually ramp it up approach.
    Yup, I believe the advertisement will really be done by players running to other Forums going "OMG BEST GAME EVAR!" as Xsyon wants to attract a steady player base first.
    Brum, brum.

Limited Launch. I know it isn't the normal today but this use to be something devs used to control there games at launch.

I think this is a great idea. To many times have I started up a game with tons of people only for it to crash and burn lol.

I hope that if you get fat enough in-game the sides of your first person view become partially occluded by your fat fucking cheeks.