Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Player owned Stall / Trading Hub

Since in the world of Xsyon, players or Tribes will be mostly be trading Materials, Raw Resources, Items, etc ( as i believe there is no currency in the game )

what about a Player owned Stall like in FFXI Bazaar, so you can build your own Stall, put your items there, and you set a trading item of which you want for the certain item, i think it would be a good idea for a Trading Hub

also, other players from other Tribes, or a traveling strangers could just put up a list of what he wants for a trade in some sort of a Message board, and the owner can list the item and get back to the players, i think this will be a good feature, not only it will save your time but also, you can even create a Market Place in the game, all run by the players, which is pretty awesome!

i haven't seen that in any MMO since player Bazaar in FFXI

has there been a talk about this yet?

I would LOVE this. Especially if they are individually owned. Like the bone crafter sells their bone armor, etc. There's been talk of a central, totem based market, but that's not very interesting to me and it might become an infinite storage space for tribes.

+1

I like the idea of being able to "sell"/trade goods in a centralized position. While I could easily see large tribes becoming commercial hubs by default, the current game mechanics (and lack of a proper chat interface with a dedicated trade channel) bring about challenges both logistic and security related.

I visualize a (or a few) central (relative to the world), open point(s) with a subdivided layout (think an open air flea market with realestate proportional to tribe/homestead membership size). Crafters would have the advantage of convenience when selling, buyers the same when purchasing. I also foresee a dreamy scenario for both good and evil aligned pvp players and tribes. Think of the grand possibilities: being able to either offer protection for trading caravans or pilfer and kill to your heart's content (think Pinkerton agents and Marshals vs roaming gangs of coach thieves).

Pvp would be turned completely off at first (imagine the cluster**** with lag and the general confusion), making commerce a possibility for for Good and Evil. Now should that be an issue with lore and the general theme of the game (I could see there being some problems), a black market could be established (accessible by both neutral and evil aligned players).

I'm tired as hell, so the idea isn't too fleshed out in my mind at this time. I think overall it would make for some interesting interaction between us all and be a solid first step towards establishing commercial ties in game.

asherons call, portal trade hub area ... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by wyldmagik View Post
    asherons call, portal trade hub area ... nuff said
    This is EXACTLY what we don't need. Fast travel would kill this game.

I think it would be sweet if the major tribes built a neutral area to trade.

Make it the unwritten rule that no one shed blood...

And then all sorts of players can just show up to bartering bonanza.

But some permanent NPC traders would be OK, but it kinda gets lame seeing static characters who stand in a stall 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by bodangly View Post
    This is EXACTLY what we don't need. Fast travel would kill this game.
    You jump the gun matey... Nothing about fast travel was insinuated here, its just in AC the portal "FT" hub was where all major trades took place with peoples alts etc.. Was always busy and very sociable.. and an easy to remember place and main location for new starters to easy get told where it was.

So off your high horse and CTFD :P

Im also guessing you not ofay with AC? as your quick retort would probably not of happened if you were

*no offence was intended in the post and anything mentioned should be taken with a pinch of salt*

Quote Originally Posted by wyldmagik View Post
    You jump the gun matey... Nothing about fast travel was insinuated here, its just in AC the portal "FT" hub was where all major trades took place with peoples alts etc.. Was always busy and very sociable.. and an easy to remember place and main location for new starters to easy get told where it was.

So off your high horse and CTFD :P

Im also guessing you not ofay with AC? as your quick retort would probably not of happened if you were

*no offence was intended in the post and anything mentioned should be taken with a pinch of salt*
    Never played AC, was playing UO in those days still. Anyhow my mistake I assumed a portal involved fast travel.

Quote Originally Posted by TweFoju View Post
    ... what about a Player owned Stall like in FFXI Bazaar...
    Honestly, I cannot see how this should work.

Xsyon is a large world, a very large one measured by time to travel, and I don't see how we can have centralised trading hubs. I'd rather think that all trade will be PC to PC and that regional chat (i.e. the zone you're in and the adjacent ones) are used to make first contact.

Of course we could have a problem with that setup when certain crafters start to abuse the chat channel, i.e. spamming their messages to an extent that all other content gets drowned in trader spam. My experience in the game so far is that this doesn't happen. I'd suggest that we wait until we have a problem before we think about fixing the problem, and I cannot see a problem with the current setup.

It has been talked about functional furniture such as store front cases and such.... so if you had a tent or a building you could put furniture in it that would act as a store.