Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation PVP SYSTEM FRIENDLY FIRE!!! Devs read

Alright so I been naging to start new thread on pvp. We all know it needs work but I think of one major thing that need to be adressed is friendly fire... 1 v 1 there is no problem, the problem starts when you engadging players in higher numbers be it 1 v 4 10 v 10 ect..

No one in heat of battle can make out who are they hitting due to fact

we cannot make out name unless we are in close proximity right in face and when there is 10 players and everyone is attacking you just cant get close enough to make out who is who!

This is problem and before people go and suggest wearing different armor sets you have to remember they all can be looted and i could loot enemy armor set and look exactly like your tribesmen...

I personaly think that names have to be visual and highlited and we need to see them from distance if you in tribe this would prevent lot of confusion in heat of battle seriously make things easyer and avoid friendly fire as much as possible!

At the moment the dark coulour of name tag and no permenant highlite makes it impossible..

Even in Rl you know who you attacking so dev need to look at this..

------------------------------------------------

Great ideas so far discussed in this thread

I just had perfect solution to all troubles: If you in tribe make the names highlited and so you can see from distance green colour would be good however if you outside tribe or belong to other tribe keep it as it is this should prevent lot of confusion and would also help out with military startegy to navigate pvp to positions...
    -----------------
    This is a simple fix floating names and all are fine way are now just need a target loc system so you dont swing out of friendly fire. And loc being able to be broken if that person hides successfully.

I quite like the idea that you need to dress differently to avoid being hit by friendlies.

That is one of the main reason why armies in the ancient and medieval times started wearing uniforms.

What we do not need is FF being turned off or silly name colour changes so that people go red.

However thinking about it - it would not be such a big thing is when someone hit you or you hit them their name turned red.

I'm clearly against visible flotting names.

Just be carefull, and learn who is who. With time there should be several new clothes and armors, and dies, so it will be easier to recognize your friends from your foes. Start a fat tribe and only hit the slim ones !

still same problem will exist we need some way around it maybe icon on top of names to identify our own tribesmen

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    I quite like the idea that you need to dress differently to avoid being hit by friendlies.

That is one of the main reason why armies in the ancient and medieval times started wearing uniforms.

What we do not need is FF being turned off or silly name colour changes so that people go red.

However thinking about it - it would not be such a big thing is when someone hit you or you hit them their name turned red.
    I do like idea of their name truning red but still same problme persist if you hit friendly or friendly hits you his name turns red, so still a problem

Tribal emblem on cloaks or shields would work ok.

It is no problem, you making it a problem by not adjusting to the game.

Get a tailor in your tribe, collect a lot a yellow cloth, ask the tailor to make you a dozen <type> chest wear. and your done. if you still hit friendlies when you all wear the same chest armor then you plain and simply should stop pvp.

It's not like u gonna recognize frind from foe from facial recognition, style and such, which can be done in real life, to few appearence alternatives for once and so much more. With all the realisism u want, this is still a game, and to make it playable there might be things needed that isnt in real life. Like a recognition system regarding friend from foe. Floatin name in color, icon, warning (You are fighting a tribes man!) or something. An indicator is needed. Dont belive in friendly fire disallowed, since magic of sort will appear at some time in game and area effect should effect all in area.
    Well, a lot of rambling and no solution here though, mostly a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchey View Post
    I'm clearly against visible flotting names.

Just be carefull, and learn who is who. With time there should be several new clothes and armors, and dies, so it will be easier to recognize your friends from your foes. Start a fat tribe and only hit the slim ones !

I agree. You should be able to hit whoever. You just got to be careful. If you go in swinging like a maniac then you should be able to hit friend or foe. Floating names full time would ruin it. I believe it was just recently changed to the way it is because the name was always over your head. It would prevent you from running and hiding and sneaking up on someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyip View Post
    I agree. You should be able to hit whoever. You just got to be careful. If you go in swinging like a maniac then you should be able to hit friend or foe. Floating names full time would ruin it. I believe it was just recently changed to the way it is because the name was always over your head. It would prevent you from running and hiding and sneaking up on someone.
    You guys cleary havent tryed group pvp you saying have to be careful who you hit have you seen a speed you move around when trying to hit person now times it by 20 people good luck doing careful swing 8 out 10 times you will hit friendly! I can understand name tag to be hard to read but this shouldnt be option in tribe what they should do if you in tribe you should be able clearly identify whos in your tribe and if you outside tribe or belonging to other tribe keep it as it is now wouldnt that make evryone more happyer?

You have to also understand I am not saying you shouldnt be able to hit friend i think its good option but you do need to be able identify friends