Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: future feature?

future feature?

I was just wanting to know if there has been any thought of putting in a VOIP in game? Like Vivox, I have used it and know that it is a very good voip. As good or better than Ventrilo.

John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

Re:future feature?

Didnít the devs say we could speak with a headset through the game?

IMO I see no need for this. You have free VOIP's out there, no need to spend extra time and money to put it in game.

Its not like chat where, you would have to tab out to use chat, then tab back in. You play the game with another VOIP program no problems.

I hate games that have global VOIPs because I spend more time muting everyone than even using it.
    If I want to hear some people speak, I will join there vent or TS.
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

Unless it is a local VOIP that integrates distance from speaker into volume, so that you can only speak to people who can 'hear' you.

That would be an interesting feature.
    Through Change we Conquer! Join us today!
    PM me for information on the Cult of Change!

VOIP in a game like this would be awful. Kills any RP that anyone may be trying to do and no-one wants to hear fucking annoying kids.

Vivox has or will have voice fonts. So very RP workable. As for as if you don't want to use the voice chat, Don't! I am sure if they was to ever add it, It would have an option of being on or off.

I was playing a MMO when they added it to the game, And lot's of people said the same thing you all have said. And now they all love it, If you ever find yourself in a PUG. It's a great way to get every one in the voice chat(that is if the want to). Also great thing to have when starting a tribe/guild(No, I am all ready in one thank you). People can get the voice and talk in real time, With out have to set up a VOIP and giving out the info to every one.

But remember guy's I just asked if they had given it any thought about putting it in later. Something like this adds to there bottom line, and I know it will NOT be put in any time in the near future.

John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

PsykieKILLA wrote:
    Unless it is a local VOIP that integrates distance from speaker into volume, so that you can only speak to people who can 'hear' you.

That would be an interesting feature.
    this would be epic!

I think about a system audio that is like in real life when you speak.All players to be able to speak from they speakers and then when you aproach someone to actually hear what he say and when you go further you begin to hear him more weaker like in real life.

aliksteel wrote:
    Vivox has or will have voice fonts. So very RP workable. As for as if you don't want to use the voice chat, Don't! I am sure if they was to ever add it, It would have an option of being on or off.

I was playing a MMO when they added it to the game, And lot's of people said the same thing you all have said. And now they all love it, If you ever find yourself in a PUG. It's a great way to get every one in the voice chat(that is if the want to). Also great thing to have when starting a tribe/guild(No, I am all ready in one thank you). People can get the voice and talk in real time, With out have to set up a VOIP and giving out the info to every one.

But remember guy's I just asked if they had given it any thought about putting it in later. Something like this adds to there bottom line, and I know it will NOT be put in any time in the near future.

I think it adds nothing but problems. Again like I said, why not use vent, or ts, or other VOIPs?

You say if I dont want to use it, dont? I just told you why I still dont like it even with that option. I end up having to mute everyone, most people do this too.

Why even have the extra hassle when its easy to use another VOIP 3rd party program? Its very commonplace.

You dont have to give the VOIP to everyone because you wont be talking to everyone on VOIP.

Play any game out there that has built in VOIP and you will find that people dont use it, and it has to be monitored all the time by local admins.

Too much hassle for no reason.
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu