Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm pleased with the Evil's death being worst than the Good's. I don't want Xsyon to be a PvP game like Mortal or Darfall. I like it as it seems to be today, a sandbox with some PvP rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchey View Post
    I'm pleased with the Evil's death being worst than the Good's. I don't want Xsyon to be a PvP game like Mortal or Darfall. I like it as it seems to be today, a sandbox with some PvP rules.
    You seem to misunderstand me..
    Of course evil should have a harsher death penalty than the good. My problem is that good players can respawn ANYWHERE they want and is ready for combat as soon as they respawn.. meaning they will always get the jump on a evil player and most likely kill them since they have already been in a fight with the good player 1 minute ago which is not nearly enough to regen your health back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    You seem to misunderstand me..
    Of course evil should have a harsher death penalty than the good. My problem is that good players can respawn ANYWHERE they want and is ready for combat as soon as they respawn.. meaning they will always get the jump on a evil player and most likely kill them since they have already been in a fight with the good player 1 minute ago which is not nearly enough to regen your health back up.
    If the good player jump the evil player, the good player will lose alignment and thus gradually become evil himself. And no player starts with 100% hp and stamina after a death. They have 50% in both, and if the player winning over the other did not loot the dead one, so be it if he loses the coming match (should there be one), he didn't prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    If the good player jump the evil player, the good player will lose alignment and thus gradually become evil himself. And no player starts with 100% hp and stamina after a death. They have 50% in both, and if the player winning over the other did not loot the dead one, so be it if he loses the coming match (should there be one), he didn't prevent it.
    Good players do not take alignment hits for killing an Evil player.

Items don't even mean anything, at the moment, since they don't really have any meaningful stats.

Respawning at the spot of death is highly exploitable. The exploits have been pointed out in many threads, already.

Respawning at the spot of death leads to absolutely no accountability at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    How about an "I win" button for evil players that instantly strikes down foes in one hit, automatically transfers loot to a tribe basket, and puts them on a mailing list for a "badass of the millennium" certificate? =P

I wouldn't turn the evil path into something inconsequential. It probably shouldn't be as bad as it is now with the respawn distance, but let's not go crazy and pretend that good an evil should inherently be on equal footing. Good players are bound by certain rules of engagement while the Evil can basically go on a rampage.
    I think the issue is more to do with respawn time than anything. I had this same thing happen to me yesturday due to lag I couldn't loot or even get the corpse open to try to loot before the good victim was on my back again.

I think the death timer needs to be extended unless someone in your tribe does something to ress you faster.

I think a dead "good" person should automatically spwan at his corpse or at his totem but not have the ghost walk feature at all....

The random ress in 30 seconds negates the need to ghost walk. If you were ghost walking to find a spot to ress to aviod a some sort of inta-ress penalty I would understand it.. but in its current state I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by nlgray View Post
    I really like the idea that player ghosts (good and evil) cannot see living players. Eliminate the ghost “spies” real time reporting via third party voice communications (vent, team speak, etc.).

It’s kind of tough to use tactics that require an eliminate of surprise when a supernatural being is providing observational updates.
    i agree with this, i was able to communicate with my tribe mate and he killed our attacker because as a ghost i could see where they were running off too. Make it so ghosts can't see the game world.

We need this change yesterday! seriously its so imbalanced that it is nearly gamebreaking.

I dont' agree with respawning at your totem for anyone.

I thought one of the best features of this game was the lack of fast travel and teleports - including taking the old "death shuttle."

EDIT: and definite +1 to ghosts not being able to see anything in the real world.

Blind ghosts are an easy solution to the griefing problem.

Respawn at totem for everyone after death is coming. He hasn't had time to code it, yet.