Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starter Zone?

Starter Zone?

Where will everyone spawn at when they create a character? Will everyone spawn in the same place, or are their multiple locations throughout the map?

I would just like to know that I may or maynot be spawning next to a PvP ganker as I work out the UI for the first time among other things.

Re:Starter Zone?

I have no idea about this, but I imagine it would be a good idea to have new players spawn close to the villages of good tribes.
    Brum, brum.

You will spawn in a very well positions place

[spoiler]
    To feed my pets! MWHAHAHAHAHAHA

*Sets epics around spawn area*
    [/spoiler]

I believe someone has become power drunk!
    I call that on the first oportune moment everyone siezes Virtus and throws him to a hungry mummy bear and her cubs.
    Brum, brum.

lol

but in all reality you can't spawn near a good village because there are no villages

When you first go in there will be nothing but nature.

Pfft, I meant a while after release.

And that's why I want to be there at the start I always wondered how ace Wurm would have been at a server reset.
    Brum, brum.

They should model similar to Shadowbane with a starter island to help people get acclimated to the game so /ragequit doesn't happen too early which can be countered by making the player is marginally vested into the game.

TangerineSky wrote:
    They should model similar to Shadowbane with a starter island to help people get acclimated to the game so /ragequit doesn't happen too early which can be countered by making the player is marginally vested into the game.
    Hmmm, as it mentions on the site that everyones knowledge of the world before the apocalypse is failing why not have a tutorial for certain basic survival needs done in the form of blurred memories?
    Brum, brum.

Virtus wrote:
    lol

but in all reality you can't spawn near a good village because there are no villages

When you first go in there will be nothing but nature.
    Love this. But, no tutorial at all ? We are all just thrust upon the world to be eaten by bears and zombies and what have you ? What about the 'con'ing of creatures, i.e how do I know whether or not to F with a certain creature or not. How will the game let you know the creature's general skill level, like a red/yellow/green name for example

I'd imagine commona sense can be used - a bear is going to fuck you up a lot more than a sheep for example.