Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New player skill suggestions...

So i m a very new player.
    What skill do you think i should choose as starters?
    I was thinking about WOODWORKING for the SAW, and toolcrafting, for the hammer and crafting knife!

In that way i will be able to craft on my own a lot of stuff, no ?
    What is the best tool/skill combination to be a solo viable player ?

heya can only take one or the other, can't have woodcrafting and toolcrafting sorry dude

i think personally for a solo

toolcrafting/fishing and gathering help ya feed yourself, and make all the tools you will eventually need

You can't choose tool and wood at the same time. If you're going solo I'd suggest toolcraft.

But if i choose toolcraft i wont have a saw, and i need a saw to build my tent!!! Well guess i have to wait till i will be able to craft a saw myself

Quote Originally Posted by miyagi View Post
    But if i choose toolcraft i wont have a saw, and i need a saw to build my tent!!! Well guess i have to wait till i will be able to craft a saw myself
    there are tents you can build without wood, not sure of the exact name but it is "------- metal tent"

besides play, enjoy explore and craft you will get it eventually

us soloers won;t be building fast, but slow and steady wins the race ;')

Quote Originally Posted by miyagi View Post
    That is one way to do it. It may take you a while to be able to make a saw, and there is a chance you may only get a saw recipe that requires a wood handle to make...which requires a saw to make! Also will need to find a saw blade, which can be elusive.

Best bet like others have said is start with tool/fishing/scavenging if you are solo. If you need a saw right away, ask around and hope that your neighbors are nice and will make you one.
    Worstluck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by wirerzo View Post
    That is one way to do it. It may take you a while to be able to make a saw, and there is a chance you may only get a saw recipe that requires a wood handle to make...which requires a saw to make! Also will need to find a saw blade, which can be elusive.

Best bet like others have said is start with tool/fishing/scavenging if you are solo. If you need a saw right away, ask around and hope that your neighbors are nice and will make you one.
    I scavenged for two weeks and found just about everything except a saw blade, those things are like unicorns or mermaids...
    Light travels faster than sound thats why most individuals seem bright until they open their mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    I scavenged for two weeks and found just about everything except a saw blade, those things are like unicorns or mermaids...
    Haha yes. On my first character I must have spent quite a few days looking for a blade. Then another few days to get a bone saw recipe. Last week after one of the wipes when I did not need a saw, but I did need a knife blade, I managed to get like three saw blades in a few hours, but never found a knife blade. Sometimes my name is very applicable....
    Worstluck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is it bad past 2 weeks i found 8 old saw blades? pre-wipe i was 80 scavaging btw

Quote Originally Posted by penguinmane View Post
    is it bad past 2 weeks i found 8 old saw blades? pre-wipe i was 80 scavaging btw
    *RAWR* I hate all people equally except lucky people, which is deeper. Im like Wirerzo, his sig pic says it all.
    Light travels faster than sound thats why most individuals seem bright until they open their mouths.