Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Writing System?

Cool Writing System?

I would love to see a way to write things down. Whether it be a letter to a fellow off-line tribe member or even a way to pass on crafting recipes. A pencil could be added to the tool list, as well as paper to woodcrafting. It could be as simple as using burnt wood to write or scavenging an "old world" pen. It could even be a separate Writing skill. Just something I was thinking about between server resets...

Should definitely have pieces of paper, memos and books that we can write on. Lovely idea especially if someone puts something important in em, i'll go kill em and extort it back to them or take advantage of it

Writing should definitely be in-game so you can leave notes for off-line players, make a message and hire a courier/messenger to pass it along between tribes, write down locations such as the POS of important players to pass on, etc.

i like this idea. It could go hand in hand with teaching/training other people. Maybe there could be a skill added later where you could inscribe information, sort of like a training manual for newer players. For instance, i have skill 50 in fishing and a new villager wants to catch more fish. So i inscribe some tips and info onto paper and exchange it with said villager, who would gain some levels. There would have to be a teaching cap tho. Can be abused yea, but still food for thought. Or could be used as a mail system, as mentioned above we could use this as a means to leave messages for villagers who are offline. I like the courier idea, but atm theres a global chat so...

i hate to go against the grain here, but unless you are naming a sign post I don't see the need for this.

I'm not saying that it coudn't hurt, but I for sure do not want to see recipes being copied with a pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    i hate to go against the grain here, but unless you are naming a sign post I don't see the need for this.

I'm not saying that it coudn't hurt, but I for sure do not want to see recipes being copied with a pencil.
    Kinda in agreement, I don't personally see the need for a writing system, but having customised sign posts could be useful.

I personally would enjoy a writing system, hell, write information about the game and start a library.

I support this idea mainly because being able to write your own documentries and notes about the game would be very interesting.

I guess it's to feed my RP needs i would like this added. And the possibility to have a some kind of bookshelf filled with your (or other peoples) books which you can read/copy and give to other to read would be fun as hell. +1

Good idea, would definitively fit well in the game.

Paper, books, journals, etc would all be great to have.

I would have to support any idea that adds to the depth of the sandbox... if it is a feature you're (being anyone) not concerned with, don't focus on it

Edit: I noticed someone asking about what various plants were for. This may just be me, but I would love a writing system. Then real in game info would be available in manuscripts, journals, books etc. Wouldn't it be cool to come across a deserted cabin way in the mountains... when you go inside you find journals full of descriptions of the local plants etc. and there purposes? Or discovering an old library in ruins (way in the future of this game) that still have salvageable books, etc. The possibilities are truly endless. I for one would much rather gain info that way and though trial and error than going to some web-site out of the game to obtain info that way. It just pulls you out and does not let you experience the full immersion of what Xsyon could offer.