Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Town Defences

Town Defences

Will there be any tribe defences, Traps, Weapons?

John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

Re:Town Defences

Towns will be safe zones in the early Prelude for good and neutral tribes. This will give players players time to build walls with gates, and dig ditches.

Once it appears that players are ready the safe zones will be removed.

You can also expect to see towers at some point during prelude along with other features that can't yet be disclosed that should be in over the summer.

Thanks Virtus

John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

Virtus wrote:
    along with other features that can't yet be disclosed that should be in over the summer.
    Aww don't tease us, just let us be surprised when it rolls in. Such ambiguity builds up impossible ideas in my head and I'll be let down when it turns out the game doesn't pay my mortgage or massage my back.
    Council Of Mullahs
    ????? ??? ??? ???? ???????

I heard you can get NPC aswell to help protect your land.
    This would be a great advantage to those who want to protect their land from people who are there to cause havoc.

yeah NPCs like on anarchy online would rock, it is really useful if you are raiding and suddenly someone raids your tower site. so, same thing could be added to towns here.

darkrounge wrote:
    This would be a great advantage to those who want to protect their land from people who are there to cause havoc.
    Where did you hear this? You got a link or was this in IRC or what?
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

MrDDT wrote:
    darkrounge wrote:
    Where did you hear this? You got a link or was this in IRC or what?
    This would also be news to me.

I get a feeling Darkrouge "hears" things quite often. It's those little voices in his head again.

Virtus wrote:
    Towns will be safe zones in the early Prelude for good and neutral tribes. This will give players players time to build walls with gates, and dig ditches.

Once it appears that players are ready the safe zones will be removed.

You can also expect to see towers at some point during prelude along with other features that can't yet be disclosed that should be in over the summer.
    So being a Evil tribe will come with penaltys? why would this be the case , dont a evil tribe get the same protections then ? if that is to be the case then surely to begin with we will just end up with a care bear sandbox/ city builder game, but then you cant really call it a sandbox game if anything you farm or build cant be taken or destroyed?

Also with a final wipe apparently happening 1 week before april 15th to allow for tribe towns to be built how can we contest for the better areas when they will become safe zones ?

Am i the only one thinking that you are trying to discourage any form of player killings as this will turn you red and you wont beable to have the same fair playing ground in which to compete ?