Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New melee combat system

At developer post we can read the following:

"Testing and tweaking combat changes. We're reworking the combat system somewhat after taking into consideration some of the discussions on the forum. Instead of having to select a target, you will be attacking whatever is in range and your aim (center view point in 1st person, mouse cursor in 3rd person) will determine your specific intended target."

So I didn't understand it well. Does that mean that in 3rd person view it will be a system like Fallen Earth or Tabula rasa? Or you will have the mouse cursor and you have to click the target? And in 1st person view it will be like Fallen Earth 1st person view or Darkfall magic and ranged view?

Re: New melee combat system

Darkfall magic/ranged View with the option to do 3rd person if you choose.
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

Re:New melee combat system

I believe that the combat aiming system will be very similar to Mount and Blade. Meaning that in 1st person it's kindof FPS and in 3rd it's still aiming with the cursor as the center point to your screen.
    Check out any videos of Mount and Blade warband for a better idea of what I'm saying.
    Brum, brum.

I guess its like Fallen Earth that you aim at whatever is under you cursor in 3rd person and whatever is under you crosshair in 1st.

I like it, refreshing to see a developer take some good advice from their player community and try to implement/improve their game.

Now, we all hope they discern the good from the bad

it looks complicated... i dont know, i am very fond of cursor and tab aiming. i know that works well

yay, no more target can't wait to see videos!

Cradlejoe wrote:
    I believe that the combat aiming system will be very similar to Mount and Blade. Meaning that in 1st person it's kindof FPS and in 3rd it's still aiming with the cursor as the center point to your screen.
    That would be really awesome. I just can't stand those mmos where you just click your mouse, numbers 1-9 and just grind your life away.
    Manual aiming ftw!

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Wrekkoning wrote:
    I like it, refreshing to see a developer take some good advice from their player community and try to implement/improve their game.

Now, we all hope they discern the good from the bad
    it's pretty awesome to me, this game has an awesome dev. Just hope a last minute change doesn't complicate things or delay the pre-launch too much.

Ya, popular demand is almost always a bad idea in the video game industry it seems. Every once in a while though the sun shines on a dogs ass and we see a really good idea show up.

Cant think of how many times players whining about something get it implemented only to find out its far more drastic then they thought.