Is there a point in playing right now?

So as title says, is there much point in playing currently, or will everything be wiped again - which is how i understand it currently. Thanks for the clarification.

Just play for the experience, try different character builds, get a good idea of what you want to be when the game goes live. There will be another wipe soon within the week.

That is up to you to decide. Your character will be wiped before the delayed official launch. Personally I am staying away from the extended beta until the game is officially released. I do not want to spend time on a toon that will get erased.

Well, it's a perfect time right now to try out things before they "stick", if you know what i mean.
    Go ahead and familiarize yourself with stuff.
    "Grinding" skills would be in vain, but logging in and having fun with your guild mates and checking out the possibilities isn't.
    Hope that answers your question?

They are still getting data from bugs, exploits and crash logs. You can still make a difference if you play now and help test. They want you to keep logging in, some issues only occur when the server is under load.

Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    Just play for the experience, try different character builds, get a good idea of what you want to be when the game goes live. There will be another wipe soon within the week.
    /this

You will not get burned out even with a wipe. This game is "mindcraft" addicting.
    lol

No there is no point not necessarily because there will be a wipe but because the lagg is so bad it is unplayable. I averaged between 1000 too 750 ms when you click on something it take over 30 second to respond. I gave it all I had for an hour. I wouldn't suggest it, it will leave a bad taste in your mouth. I'm sure its a good game when it works.