Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Character Position Reset Button

While playing a game, I'm the type of player who enjoys hopping up objects to try and get as high as possible. Something about being on top of the world really does it for me. Anyway, I've noticed that when games first come out, there are always objects that don't hold up to collision detection. I simply fall right through them when I land on them. It wouldn't be so bad, but normally, I can't hop back out. I'm stuck inside some terrain feature, with no way out.

I would like to request a character position reset button. If I do happen to fall into one of these glitches, I could activate this button and it would warp me to the nearest town, or the nearest square of even ground. It could log the information of where my character was stuck, somewhat helping the developers find where the bug existed.

And of course, I would also leave a note about where it happened, here on the forums.

What do you think? Sound worthwhile?

Re: Character Position Reset Button

Devs have to be careful about this. Some games had the /stuck teleport glitched to suit the player. Maybe make it really slow to prevent that.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Like a 10 second cast time and a 20 minute recharge time?

Fuzzydude0 wrote:
    Like a 10 second cast time and a 20 minute recharge time?
    More like 5-10 min cast atleast. We dont want them beeing used like teleports every time someone have there backpack full and need to unload.
    [img size=500]http://i42.tinypic.com/15yys69.jpg[/img]

most games have it around 30 seconds to cast, and it only moves them a few feet in either direction. With around a minute cool down. Not much of a way to exploit. while not making it take forever to get out of a bad area, or make you wait for a GM to teleport you.

Wrekkoning wrote:
    most games have it around 30 seconds to cast, and it only moves them a few feet in either direction. With around a minute cool down. Not much of a way to exploit. while not making it take forever to get out of a bad area, or make you wait for a GM to teleport you.
    This is better then the town teleport.
    [img size=500]http://i42.tinypic.com/15yys69.jpg[/img]

Re:Character Position Reset Button

Not to town, but yea 30sec to a minute, just to keep people from trying to use it a get away button. Also I would say ground level and 2 meters/6 feet away.

I could like something like that. /stuck

John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

Lol, I was once a GM on a private Lineage2 server.
    The server used to crash alot, like every 10 hours or so. No1 knew why.

Then I got this pm from a dwarf who caught a guild using a map glitch to restart the server and boss spawns.
    So I teleported to him and watched as he used the terrain to climb an impossible mountain. The game would for some reason fly him up and down really fast on a 90degree terrain until he was at the top.

So he lead me to a chasm which was beyond the edge of the map and jumped off.
    Bam. Server crash and reboot.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Dominus wrote:
    Lol, I was once a GM on a private Lineage2 server.
    The server used to crash alot, like every 10 hours or so. No1 knew why.

Then I got this pm from a dwarf who caught a guild using a map glitch to restart the server and boss spawns.
    So I teleported to him and watched as he used the terrain to climb an impossible mountain. The game would for some reason fly him up and down really fast on a 90degree terrain until he was at the top.

So he lead me to a chasm which was beyond the edge of the map and jumped off.
    Bam. Server crash and reboot.
    wow, man people always find a way don't they. a TP to a nearby town would be asking for it, should only move you to the nearest solid ground.

In Darkfall beta, someone crashed the server like 6 times in a row knowing exactly what they were doing.

I remember it because i was running from the starter town to sunthrone every time to place a clan stone and crashed within sight of it like 4 times in a row. Very annoying