Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Worst profession in game

Read it and weep with me if you share my woes.

I found maybe 3-4 black bears all weekend. No mule deers, and a couple racoons. Not enough to level this profession especially with failures. I mean.... I mastered the tri-athalon and wore a hole through my sneaks. I bet nobody can run as fast as I.

Serious you need to add way more animals, I don't care if they grow over time, this profession is absolutely useless...

I wanted to be a serious bonecrafter, gave it a chance, but not realistic....biggest time sink I ever touched.
    Light travels faster than sound thats why most individuals seem bright until they open their mouths.

There is official update about animals, they will add more and respawns etc. after release, also you may get bones from scavenging (human ones). Lets wait till release and see.
    IMO weaponsmithing is harder to master because of rare weapon parts

Quote Originally Posted by Del137 View Post
    IMO weaponsmithing is harder to master because of rare weapon parts
    This. It's much easier to find animals for bones than some of the things you need for weapons.

+1 on needing alot more AI in this game.

Yeah read updates. The real pve content will come at official launch (not pre-launch). They have a lot ready.

Just make the weps that don't take scavenging parts?

edit: in reply to wepsmith being worse, i mean?
    A Nomad I will be for life, in love with Captain Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Yeah read updates. The real pve content will come at official launch (not pre-launch). They have a lot ready.
    He speaketh because hes sitting at the dev pc's and can see it all before launch.. *rolls eyes*

Oh hey your car is on fire outside!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iraclear View Post
    Just make the weps that don't take scavenging parts?

edit: in reply to wepsmith being worse, i mean?
    Sofar I seen all weapons require scav parts, blades, cleavers,pick heads, axes need saws parts , shovels
    this is not very hard to get but you need to spent 10+ hours on raising scavaging first before you find enough parts.

the only real craft would be Toolmaking,tailor,bone,leather,basketry. secondary craft would be architect,woodmaking,weaponsmith. someting to do besites your main craft but taking way to long to level or known to have no new recipies beyond the starting ones. (woodmaking)

Quote Originally Posted by wyldmagik View Post
    He speaketh because hes sitting at the dev pc's and can see it all before launch.. *rolls eyes*

Oh hey your car is on fire outside!!!!

If you would do as he says and start reading you would know alot more to, and erm, sorry its your brain thats smoking out there not his car silly, no need to apolegice its hard to think whit a brain on fire eh..

Last night, after the GM stated he was turning animals on - the server rebooted and 1 minute later a mule deer walked into my camp - after a rollback that same mule deer was spotted near my camp -
    Both times the mule deer came to my camp for one reason - WATER
    My camp was located on a stream near a waterfall, and I imagine that if you begin exploring, you will find watering holes - But alas, you really need tracking in this game.