Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 131

Thread: To the PKers

  1. #1

    To the PKers

    You want to be the bad guys, robbing from the rich and the poor and everyone in between except your own tribe and tribal alliance (and sometimes even them!) and that's great. Game worlds with this pvp element need you, at least to a certain extent, otherwise it's boring. But the predator to prey ratio is way out of whack in every ffa pvp game I've tried. There are way too many of you, and instead of fighting each other, you 'play politics' and gang up to more swiftly and efficiently crush everyone else in the game.

    Sure, your victims will rebuild if they lose something sometimes or even everything once in a great while to a tiny handful of roaming predators, but when a big chunk of the game's population is out killing and destroying, your tree chopping, skinning, and crafting crowd is going to go play something else or join your bad guy crowd, thus further depleting your prey.

    And the 'politics' people talk about in these games just boils down to plotting with your fellow predators to gang up and crush your enemies in a nice, uneven 10 to 1 battle.

    Politics are also a bit about finding and persuading other players to become in house crafters and gatherers to supply the predators with fresh gear when they happen to lose a battle, which gets very boring and confining for the crafters and gatherers very quickly.

  2. #2
    So you would prefer to craft one outfit, prance around the campfire, and be done with it?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by r4NGe View Post
    So you would prefer to craft one outfit, prance around the campfire, and be done with it?
    I was going to strut with restrained elegence.

    Anyway, debate is over, questions are answered, guess I better go work on that outfit now.

    Do you think bright green and blue feathers for my hair would be a bit over the top?

  4. 02-21-2011, 01:19 PM

  5. 02-21-2011, 01:20 PM

  6. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
    whine before a wipe .. priceless
    Wasn't whining. Was actually hoping some of the local predators could either refute my conclusions or come up with a way to restrict their numbers while actually expanding their freedom to wreak havoc. But it doesn't matter anymore. Now I just need to know about those feathers.

  7. #5
    Stay in your safezone, hire others for gathering, hire others for hunting the guys, craft them armor and weapons as reward...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I was going to strut with restrained elegence.

    Anyway, debate is over, questions are answered, guess I better go work on that outfit now.

    Do you think bright green and blue feathers for my hair would be a bit over the top?
    Neon pink works much better, makes you easier to spot as completely worthless at a distance.

    You have to have the drive to be the best, if that means you have to break a few noob eggs along the way to get the job done so be it

  9. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdowellbri View Post
    Neon pink works much better, makes you easier to spot as completely worthless at a distance.

    You have to have the drive to be the best, if that means you have to break a few noob eggs along the way to get the job done so be it
    Ah, words of wisdom. But you see, I never wanted a pve world. I'm fine with leaving my safe zone and risking death and losing what I have on me. Neon pink. Hm. No, sorry, it would clash with the feathers.

    Now the sequins idea...wrong gender, by the way, but if you want to picture me as a six foot tall drag queen with giant blue fake eyelashes go for it, won't bother me a bit...anyway, sequins...hm.

  10. 02-21-2011, 01:49 PM

  11. #8
    now build stuff is useless ... so the only funny thing is kill other people ^^
    for example now i'm killing people but when after the wipe i use my time for build the village with my tribe

  12. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    You want to be the bad guys, robbing from the rich and the poor and everyone in between except your own tribe and tribal alliance (and sometimes even them!) and that's great. Game worlds with this pvp element need you, at least to a certain extent, otherwise it's boring. But the predator to prey ratio is way out of whack in every ffa pvp game I've tried. There are way too many of you, and instead of fighting each other, you 'play politics' and gang up to more swiftly and efficiently crush everyone else in the game.

    Sure, your victims will rebuild if they lose something sometimes or even everything once in a great while to a tiny handful of roaming predators, but when a big chunk of the game's population is out killing and destroying, your tree chopping, skinning, and crafting crowd is going to go play something else or join your bad guy crowd, thus further depleting your prey.

    And the 'politics' people talk about in these games just boils down to plotting with your fellow predators to gang up and crush your enemies in a nice, uneven 10 to 1 battle.

    Politics are also a bit about finding and persuading other players to become in house crafters and gatherers to supply the predators with fresh gear when they happen to lose a battle, which gets very boring and confining for the crafters and gatherers very quickly.
    DF would probably drive you insane. Just a cation.
    A Nomad I will be for life, in love with Captain Kirk

  13. #10
    get over it, its a game mechanic

    deal with the pain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •